- 2021 Toyota RAV4 sees no major changes
- Entry-level GX trim gets the biggest update
- Manual transmission still available
- Prices rise by $1425 to $1705, depending on variant
The 2021 Toyota RAV4 has had a mild refresh, but the most noticeable change is to the bottom line.
Buyers wanting an entry-level manual 2021 Toyota RAV4 GX will have to hand over an extra $1705 compared with the 2020 version, with the car now priced from $32,695 plus on-road costs for a manual. The automatic RAV4 GX starts at $34,695 plus on-road costs.
Toyota pre-emptively raised prices at the beginning of this month, which saw the RAV4 GX go up by $1300. This 2021 update marks the second price rise this month, equating to a total $1705 rise from July to August.
While the GX has seen a price bump, the variant gets the biggest update of the RAV4 range, gaining keyless entry and start – bringing it into line with the rest of the model range.
The GX now gets the 'premium' leather-look steering wheel as standard, previously reserved for higher grades.
The interior has also received a carpet mat set and an additional four USB ports throughout the cabin, for a total of five.
A full-size spare wheel can be optioned on the GX for an additional $300, and buyers can save $1000 if they choose to forgo satellite navigation, via a delete option.
Unlike the updated 2021 Toyota Prado which is now only available in automatic, the RAV4 GX retains a manual gearbox when paired with the 2.0-litre petrol engine.
The rest of the RAV4 range carries-over from the 2020 specification, despite price increases on every trim level.
The only exception is the petrol and hybrid Cruiser variants, which now receive an auto-fold function for the power-folding door mirrors.
A panoramic roof can be optioned on the petrol-only RAV4 Edge for an extra $1300, while those not wanting Glacier White can choose from six other premium paint colours for an additional $600 across all variants.
2021 Toyota RAV4 pricing
- RAV4 GX FWD 2.0-litre manual – $32,695 (up $1705)
- RAV4 GX FWD 2.0-litre auto – $34,695 (up $1705)
- RAV4 GX FWD 2.5-litre hybrid auto – $37,070 (up $1580)
- RAV4 GX AWD 2.5-litre hybrid auto – $40,070 (up $1580)
- RAV4 GXL FWD 2.0-litre auto – $37,415 (up $1425)
- RAV4 GXL FWD 2.5-litre hybrid auto – $39,915 (up $1425)
- RAV4 GXL AWD 2.5-litre hybrid auto – $42,915 (up $1425)
- RAV4 Cruiser FWD 2.0-litre auto – $40,915 (up $1425)
- RAV4 Cruiser FWD 2.5-litre hybrid auto – $43,415 (up $1425)
- RAV4 Cruiser AWD 2.5-litre hybrid auto – $46,415 (up $1425)
- RAV4 Edge AWD 2.5-litre auto – $48,915 (up $1425)
Note: all prices exclude on-road costs