Pricing for the base Maxx Skyactiv-G 2.0L manual FWD is up $100 to $30,980 (plus on-road costs), while the range-topping Akera Skyactiv-D 2.2L auto AWD has gone up $200, starting from $51,330 (plus on-road costs). The other 12 variants in the line-up also see a $200 price increase.
For 2020 CX-5 all-wheel-drive variants, Mazda has introduced a new Off-Road Traction Assist function – allowing the vehicle to lock the rear differential and distribute torque to individual wheels to increase off-road capabilities.
Although improved off-road, tackling the urban commute is also clearly a major focus for Mazda's updated CX-5, with every trim level now equipped with autonomous emergency braking with Smart City Brake Support (that detects cars ahead of the vehicle when it is travelling at speeds between 4-30km/h) and night-time pedestrian detection as standard.
Noise, vibration and harshness (NVH) have also been diminished across all grades, with new headlining material resulting in a claimed 10 per cent reduction in low-frequency sound in the cabin.
In petrol models, a steering countermeasure has also been added to offset vibrations normally transferred through the steering wheel. Meanwhile, Skyactiv-G 2.5T variants receive additional NVH suppression through exhaust system muffling, with the spare-wheel pan also made stronger to avoid resonance.
Models fitted with the Skyactiv-G 2.5L engine option receive a Cylinder Deactivation display added to the MZD Connect interface, alerting the driver when the engine has increased efficiency by reducing the amount of firing cylinders.
The entry-level Maxx now scores an 8.0-inch display, with paddle-shifters coming as standard on the Maxx Sport grade and above. The revised vehicle badging and key design also differentiates 2020 CX-5s, and a Polymetal Grey Metallic paint is offered for the first time.
All 2020 CX-5 variants come standard with Mazda’s five-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty and five-year roadside assist.
The 2020 Mazda CX-5 is available now through Mazda dealerships.
2020 Mazda CX-5 pricing
- CX-5 Maxx Skyactiv-G 2.0L manual FWD - $30,980
- CX-5 Maxx Skyactiv-G 2.0L auto FWD - $32,980
- CX-5 Maxx Skyactiv-G 2.5L auto AWD - $35,980
- CX-5 Maxx Sport Skyactiv-G 2.0L auto FWD - $36,290
- CX-5 Maxx Sport Skyactiv-G 2.5L auto AWD - $39,290
- CX-5 Maxx Sport Skyactiv-D 2.2L auto AWD - $42,290
- CX-5 Touring Skyactiv-G 2.5L auto AWD - $40,980
- CX-5 Touring Skyactiv-D 2.2L auto AWD - $43,980
- CX-5 GT Skyactiv-G 2.5L auto AWD - $46,090
- CX-5 GT Skyactiv-D 2.2L auto AWD - $49,090
- CX-5 GT Skyactiv-G 2.5T auto AWD - $48,590
- CX-5 Akera Skyactiv-G 2.5L auto AWD - $48,330
- CX-5 Akera Skyactiv-D 2.2L auto AWD - $51,330
- CX-5 Akera Skyactiv-G 2.5T auto AWD - $50,830
All prices exclude on-road costs