Strong environmental credentials and sports cars don't usually go hand in hand, but Lotus has set to change all that with its 2011 Elise model just certified with a CO2 emissions figure of 149g/km, a 16 per cent reduction over its predecessor, the Lotus Elise S.
The impressive new figure means the new 2011 Lotus Elise now has the lowest CO2 output for its performance level of any petrol-powered sportscar in the world. It also boasts impressive fuel consumption with a highway cycle figure of just 5.04L/100km.
But all this environmental credibility doesn't mean the new Elise is a slouch in the performance stakes. With its improved aerodynamics (4 per cent better than the Lotus Elise S), lightweight 876kg body and punchy 1.6-litre VVT-I four-cylinder engine, the new 2011 Lotus Elise manages the 0-100km/h sprint in just 6.5 seconds.
The new Lotus Elise is priced from $69,990* and is available for pre-order now. Deliveries will commence mid-year.
Below is the new pricing structure for Lotus vehicles and options:
- Lotus Elise: $69,990*
- Lotus Elise Club Racer: $72,990*
- Lotus Elsie R: $84,990*
- Lotus Elise SC: $94,990*
- Lotus Exige S: $104,990*
- Lotus Exige S Type 72: $109,990*
- Lotus Exige Cup 260: $129,990*
- Lotus Exige Scura: $129,990*
- Lotus 2-Eleven: $109,000*
- Lotus Evora 2+0: $139,990*
- Lotus Evora 2+2: $146,990*
- Lotus Elise Touring Pack: $6,700*
- Lotus Elise Sport Pack: $6,000*
- Lotus Elise Lifestyle Paint: $3,000*
- Lotus Exige S Performance Pack: $8,000*
- Lotus Evora Tach Pack: $7,500*
- Lotus Evora Premium Pack: $7,500*
- Lotus Evora Forged Alloy Wheels: $5,200*
- Lotus Evora Lifestyle Paint: $3,200*
*Pricing is a guide as recommended to us by the manufacturer and does not include dealer delivery, on-road and statutory charges.