Safety Pack now available, Elite and Premium now offered with petrol power
Local details for the upgraded 2018 Hyundai i30 range have been announced this week, bringing wider availability of the company's active safety technologies, and the option of petrol power for Elite and Premium models.
Key changes include a set of new models in the form of the petrol-powered Elite and Premium – starting at $27,790 and $32,790 before on-road costs respectively.
Both models get the 2.0-litre 'GDi' petrol engine available in Go and Active trims, making 120kW of power at 6200rpm and 203Nm at 4700rpm. Each version also represents a $2700 saving over the carryover diesel versions.
Meanwhile, the Premium and SR Premium grades now get a seven-speaker Infinity premium audio system as standard, with the Premium additionally gaining LED tail-lights (previously reserved for SR models). Pricing for the SR Premium has been bumped up by $500 to $34,490 before on-roads, while the Premium diesel is $1500 dearer at $35,490 plus ORCs.
At the lower end of the range, the Active now gets a leather-trimmed steering wheel and shift knob, compared to the outgoing model's plastic units. Prices rise by around $140, meaning the Active now starts at $21,090 for the manual-equipped petrol.
Finally, buyers of the Go and Active can now tick the option box for the Smart Sense Pack, which adds the company's latest active safety systems for $1750.
Available for automatic models only, the Smart Sense Pack adds autonomous emergency braking with forward collision warning, blind-spot monitoring with lane-keeping and lane-change assist, driver attention monitoring, rear cross-traffic alert, adaptive cruise control with stop&go function, electronic park brake, an upgraded 4.2-inch TFT colour driver's display, rear air vents, power-folding exterior mirrors with LED indicators, along with a chrome front grille.
The upgraded Hyundai i30 range is on sale now. Note: i30 SR shown
2018 Hyundai i30 pricing
- Go 2.0 GDi - $19,990/$22,290 (6MT/6AT)
- Go 1.6 CRDi - $22,490/$24,990 (6MT/7DCT)
- Active 2.0 GDi - $21,090/$23,390 (6MT/6AT) +$140
- Active 1.6 CRDi - $23,590/$26,090 (6MT/7DCT) +$140
- SR 1.6 T-GDi - $25,990/$28,990 (6MT/7DCT)
- Elite 2.0 GDi - $27,790 (6AT) NEW
- Elite 1.6 CRDi - $30,490 (7DCT)
- Premium 2.0 GDi - $32,790 (6AT) NEW
- Premium 1.6 CRDi - $35,490 +$1500
- SR Premium 1.6 T-GDi - $34,490 +$500
- N - $39,990
- Premium paint - $495
- Beige interior (Elite, Premium) - $295
- Panoramic sunroof (SR, Elite) - $2000
- Smart Sense Pack (Go, Active) - $1750 (NEW)
- Luxury Pack (N) - $3000
- Luxury Pack with panoramic sunroof (N) - $5000
MORE: Everything Hyundai