As part of its on-going efforts to compete in more segments and compete well, Renault has just unveiled one of the best looking mini roadsters we've seen in a very, very long time. Say hello to the Nissan Wind Roadster.
At just 3.83 meters long, the Renault Wind can go from coupé to roadster in a remarkable 12 seconds. Renault is saying it's the only car in its class that can offer 270 dm3 VDA of boot space regardless of the position of the roof.
The Renault Wind will be ready for sale in the European market soon with a choice of either a 98kW, 160Nm 16-valve 1.6-liter engine or 75kW, 152Nm 1.2-liter turbocharged engine.
The range topping Renault Wind rides on 17-inch wheels (195/45 R16 or 205/40 R17) and has a very Renault look and feel. From the front headlights to the sporty rear end, the Wind is certainly a beautiful work of art.
It also perhaps serves as a great indication of how good a small roadster can look.
Renault says the interior is completely focused on the art of driving and the car's sporty nature. With bucket seats that come standard with built-in headrest and side bolstering to chrome instrument clusters, the Renault Wind may be a 'girl's car' be default, but it's a damn good one!
Anyone that has driven a Renault Sport vehicle would know how great they feel behind the wheel and the Wind is based on Renault's best technologies, the French company has made sure the driving feel is nothing short of superb.
We are certainly hoping this mode makes it to Australia. CarAdvice is waiting for a response from Renault Australia in regards to the car's potential availability in our market.
Five colours will be available: Majorelle Blue, Pearlescent Black, Glacier White, Altica Grey and Dyna Red.
Standard Equipment (Europe)
- Remote central locking
- Cruise control with speed limiter
- Electrically adjustable and heated door mirrors
- One-touch electric windows
- Climate control
- 2x20W radio-CD with MP3 playback, steering wheel-mounted fingertip remote control and RCA (mini-jack) connectivity
- Front airbags and head/thorax lateral airbags
- Height-adjustable sports seats with integrated head rests
- Height-adjustable leather-trimmed steering wheel
- Trip computer
- 16-inch wheels
- Automatic climate control
- Plug&Music connectivity (USB, mini-jack, audio streaming)
- Dark charcoal or Camel leather upholstery with heated seats
- Automatic headlamp and windscreen wiper activation
- 2x35W radio-CD with MP3 playback, incorporating Bluetooth® connectivity (audio and phone)
- ESC (standard with the 1.6 16V engine)
- 17-inch diamond-effect wheels
- High-gloss black roof
- Rear parking proximity sensors
- A range of personalization options