The 2016 range is headlined by the addition of standard satellite navigation with traffic updates, 10-speaker JBL sound, DAB+ digital radio and rear-windscreen power sunshade for the mid-spec Sportivo variant, with the same equipment now available as a $1750 option package on the base AT-X.
Other additions for the updated Toyota Aurion range are largely centred around the Sportivo variant, which gains leather-trimmed sports seats, blind-spot monitoring, rear cross-traffic alert, auto-levelling LED headlights, LED fog lights and an electrically-adjustable driver’s seat with memory function.
The Sportivo’s equipment upgrades are rounded out by new black 18-inch alloy wheels and a new ‘Cherry’ red exterior paint option. All of this new equipment for the Sportivo variant comes with a $3000 price increase.
Equipment upgrades for the 2016 Aurion are not just reserved for the Sportivo, however, with the base AT-X variant receiving an equipment boost for 2016, including 17-inch 10-spoke alloy wheels (up from 16-inch) with a full-size spare, a new four-spoke steering wheel, along with ISOFIX child-seat mounting points in the rear as standard.
The top-spec Presara is now available with the option of the Sportivo’s 18-inch wheel and tyre package, which comes bundled with revisions to the steering and suspension setup for $1000. While the Sportivo’s rims come finished in black, the Presara’s spokes are machine-finished in bright silver.
Standard on every Aurion are seven airbags, reversing camera, stability and traction control, dual-zone climate control air conditioning, keyless entry and start, front- and rear-parking sensors, along with a 4.2-inch driver’s multi-information display.
Powering the Aurion is the familiar 200kW/336Nm 3.5-litre V6 petrol engine, which Toyota says is Euro 5 certified and retains the ability to run on regular unleaded fuel.
Pricing for the 2016 Toyota Aurion range starts at $36,490 plus on-road costs for the AT-X, topping out at $50,440 plus ORCs for the flagship Presara variant.
- 17-inch alloy wheels with full-size spare
- Isofix child-seat mounting points
- Reversing camera
- Dual-zone climate control
- 4.2-inch driver’s information display
- Keyless entry
- Push-button start
- Cloth-trimmed seats
AT-X features plus:
- 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with satellite navigation
- Toyota Link app integration
- 10-speaker JBL audio system
- DAB+ digital radio
- Rear-windscreen power sunshade
- 18-inch black alloy wheels
- Leather-accented sports seats
- Electrically-adjustable driver’s seat with memory function
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- Self-levelling LED headlamps
- LED foglamps
Sportivo features plus:
- Lane departure warning
- Automatic high beam
- Tilt/slide electric moonroof
- Rain-sensing wipers
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- AT-X option package: $1750 (7.0-inch sat nav, 10-speaker audio, Toyota Link, rear-window sunshade)
- 18-inch bright alloy wheels with revised suspension and steering tune: $1000 (Presara)
2016 Toyota Aurion pricing (plus on-road costs)
- AT-X - $36,490
- Sportivo - $43,990
- Presara - $50,440