The new 2016 Toyota HiLux will be offered with the biggest-ever range of Toyota Genuine accessories when it launches in Australia next month, including a special industry pack aimed at mining and construction buyers.
Shown here on the tubbed Double-Cab model revealed in May, and on the Extra-Cab Cab-Chassis model that had until now been revealed only in overseas markets, the new range of accessories includes many that will be offered under the Toyota Genuine banner for the first time.
(The Extra-Cab model also shows rear-hinged ‘access doors’ for the second seating row, which will mark a first for the local HiLux.)
Headlining the range of accessories are airbag-compatible bullbars, available in high-tensile steel or aluminium alloy. Both are expected to comply with the new HiLux’s anticipated five-star ANCAP safety rating.
Among the first-time items will be LED work lamps, light bar, mining flag, wheel chocks, reflective stripes, wheel nut indicators, handbrake alert, a number of tray accessories and pre-wiring for an in-vehicle monitoring system.
A new snorkel promising optimum airflow will also be offered, along with two types of tool boxes and a bed slide on rollers for easier access to items in the ute body.
Other regulars have been redesigned for the new model, including a towbar and load distribution hitch to support the new HiLux’s uprated 3.5-tonne maximum towing capacity.
The range also includes familiar items like bonnet and headlamp protectors, rear park assist sensors, side steps and roof racks.
As it does with current parts, many of the accessories will be exported to other markets where the HiLux is offered, although Toyota Australia is saving the details of that plan for the new ute’s local launch next month.
“The new Toyota Genuine accessory range for HiLux is the result of extensive market research and feedback from customers followed by the most detailed design, development and testing regime we have ever undertaken," Toyota Australia marketing director, Tony Cramb said.
"Toyota Genuine accessories for HiLux have been exhaustively tested for strength and durability using a combination of finite element analysis and extensive real-world testing.
"They comply with stringent global quality standards - and they also look great because the design has been integrated perfectly with the new vehicle," he said.
Additional items in the industry pack include:
- Steel tray - newly developed with standard storage/tool box, window protector and mounts for a light bar and flag as well as optional slide-out step, grab rail, quick-release ladder rack, tie-down rings and mounts for a fire extinguisher and spare tyre.
- Commercial steel bull bar - more affordable while maintaining functionality.
- Battery terminal and accessory fuse box - reduced clutter with a single point of access for any accessory requiring power from the vehicle's battery; 10 separate fuses and a combined output of up to 50 Amps; added fire protection and tested for electrical safety as well as resistance to water, heat and harsh chemicals (standard on 4x4 and Hi-Rider).
- Auxiliary battery kit - allows up to 50 Amps of current to be drawn safely without draining the main battery; vibration, shock and temperature tested; on-board intelligent charger provides safe three-stage charging.
- Battery Isolator Switch - allows easy disconnection of the battery. The integrated design has been tested to meet Toyota's stringent safety standards.
Other Toyota Genuine accessories “expected to be popular” include:
- Snorkel - development focused on achieving superior design providing optimal airflow to maintain engine performance.
- Bed slide - for easy access to items in the HiLux ute body. It features a non-slip surface, tie-downs, smooth-rolling rails and an easy-release mechanism with clutch for operating on an incline. Available with side walls, it is rated to 250kg load-carrying capacity.
- Hard tonneau cover - additional security and protection from the elements; dual-skin construction tested for strength, durability and provides dust and water protection; includes lighting, single-handed latch and is available with central locking.
- Soft tonneau cover - attaches with a fuss-free clip system and can be fitted without the need to drill into external body panels.
- Nudge bar - stainless steel tubing; tested in conjunction with the vehicle to ensure correct deployment of airbags in the event of an accident; incorporates an underbody protection plate.
- Ute liner - one-piece heavy duty construction tailor-made for HiLux wraps over the wheel arches and integrates with the vehicle header board. A tailgate liner is also available.
- Canvas seat covers - tough and durable, fully compatible with seat airbags, seatbelt buckles and ISOFIX anchorage points. Tested for resistance to abrasion, pilling, fading and heat ageing, they are easily removed for cleaning.