Loading indicator
News & Reviews
Last 7 Days

by Tim Beissmann

Next month’s National 4×4 & Outdoors Show in Melbourne will for the first time feature a dedicated automotive pavilion as manufacturers seek alternative events to showcase their vehicles following the cancellation of this year’s motor show.

Holden, Isuzu, Nissan and Suzuki will show their newest four-wheel drives at the outdoors expo at the Melbourne Showgrounds, which is expected to attract around 35,000 people across August 23-25.

National 4×4 & Outdoors Show event manager Paul Morgan said the show presented a unique opportunity for manufacturers to directly target Australian outdoor enthusiasts.

“The National 4×4 & Outdoors Show received a surge of interest this year from automotive manufacturers looking for a new avenue to showcase their latest vehicles to consumers,” Morgan said.

“People come to our show for inspiration, ideas and accessories for their next outdoors adventure, and this year for the first time, we will be featuring a strong sample of the latest 4WDs in the Australian market in our automotive pavilion.”


On display will be a fully kitted-out Holden Colorado 7, which the event organiser claims will be the first vehicle shown at a public expo in Australia fitted with non-standard aftermarket accessories.

The Suzuki Grand Vitara CV3 Navigator will also be shown alongside three models from Nissan – Patrol, Navara and X-Trail – while Isuzu Ute Australia’s Team D-Max precision driving team will make its first Melbourne appearance with a series of stunts and skills.

The 2013 Australian international motor show that was scheduled to take place in Melbourne last month was scrapped in March, largely to due to a lack of support from manufacturers.

The event’s future remains up in the air following the cancellation of the 2014 show that was planned for Sydney. The event’s organiser has not given a timeline on when the show will return at this stage.