Hyundai has released official details of its enhanced new Santa Fe range, which features a revised model line-up and added safety and luxuries.
Already Australia's most economical medium SUV, the new Santa Fe models are recognisable by a new chrome finished radiator grille.
The 'SX' level variant gains ESP integrating a Traction Control System (TCS), front and rear curtain airbags and side front (thorax) airbags - now making these features standard equipment throughout the Santa Fe range.
This is in addition to the list of equipment already on the SX model including 17” alloy wheels, Anti-skid Braking System with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution, dual front airbags, 6 speaker audio and a standard roof rack system with ‘one touch’ sliding bars.
The mid range 'SLX' model gains full auto dual zone climate control system with external temperature display as well as adding a third row of seats, cool box, conversation ‘parent’ mirror, front fog lamps, mesh sports seat fabric, trip computer and heated door mirrors over the SX model.
The 'Elite' flagship model adds power front seats, 18” alloy wheels, auto headlights ‘on’ system, chrome inserts in the door and boot handles, electro chromatic interior mirror with integrated digital compass, electric glass sunroof, 6 stack in-dash audio with separately mounted amplifier and 7 speakers, leather seat facings, rear spoiler and stainless steel scuff plates.
Two new exterior metallic colours have also been introduced into the new Santa Fe range - Blue Titanium and Gun Metal - whilst Espresso Black has been added to the interior colour range.
Enhanced Santa Fe – model range:
2.7 V6 petrol AWD powertrain (available in ‘SX’ trim):
- 138 kW of peak power @ 6,000 rpm
- 248 Nm peak torque @ 4,000 rpm
- 5 speed manual or 4 speed automatic
- Fuel consumption 10.4 litres / 100 km (man), 10.6 litres / 100 km (auto)
2.2 CRDi turbo Diesel AWD powertrain (available in ‘SX’, ‘SLX’ and ‘Elite’ trims):
- 114 kW of peak power @ 4,000 rpm
- 343 Nm peak torque @ 1,800 to 2,500 rpm
- 5 speed manual or 5 speed automatic with Selectronic manual shift
- Fuel consumption 7.3 litres / 100 km (man), 8.2 litres / 100 km (auto)
Enhanced Santa Fe - retail prices:
- 2.7 V6 AWD SX 5 seat 5 speed manual $33,990 RRP
- 2.7 V6 AWD SX 5 seat 4 speed auto $35,990 RRP
- 2.2 CRDi AWD SX 5 seat 5 speed manual $36,990 RRP
- 2.2 CRDi AWD SX 5 seat 5 speed auto $38,990 RRP
- 2.2 CRDi AWD SLX 7 seat 5 speed auto $41,990 RRP
- 2.2 CRDi AWD Elite 7 seat 5 speed auto $46,990 RRP
- Optional Metallic / Mica paint $375 RRP