Holden Special Vehicles (HSV) has just issued a press release announcing the program for the seven litre W427 program, including pricing, volume and distribution strategy.
Not surprisingly, only 427 W427s will be built, however all will be built to order at the Clayton production facility. HSV will give each Australian and New Zealand HSV Dealer (64 in total) one W427 (as long as they have a firm retail order) while the rest will be allocated to dealers based on 2007 sales figures.
The all important figures? Tom Walkinshaw has just confirmed the final power output figure for the W427 will be 375kW and 640NM of torque.
From the outside you can tell its a W427 thanks to its all new exclusive front fascia, all new 3 piece rear spoiler in carbon fibre and all new 20 inch wheels.
The interior is treated with HSV E series performance seats in full red hot trim with W427 logo plus HSV steering wheel, gear shifter and console lid in full red hot leather trim.
Suspension is also different over the GTS with the new springs being 30% stiffer than the GTS, while the car sits 20mm lower than GTS as well. The rear gets stiffer suspension bushing, plus HSV has had to rework the Magnetic Ride Control calibration to suit new springs, ride height and bushing.
The W427 comes to a stop using 6 piston front braking system (50% increase in pad area) with 2 piece floating front rotors (380 x 35mm) compared to 365 x 32mm one piece on GTS.
- 7.0 Litre, LS7 Engine with HSV specific calibration
- 375kW @ 6500 rpm
- 640Nm @ 5000 rpm
- Over radiator style cold air induction system – with high flow air filter.
- Dry sump lubrication system with 2 stage pump.
- Hand fabricated aluminium oil reservoir, with baffles for high G loading.
- Front mount, 13 row engine oil cooler
- Ceramic coated, high flow 4 into 1 extractors
- High flow catalytic converters and exhaust system (3” into 2 ¾”)
- Active bi-modal rear mufflers
- Exhaust back pressure management
- Improved noise quality
- High strength limited slip differential
- New high strength 6 speed manual gear box (TR6060)
- GMPT LS7 Clutch with new actuator and pedal assembly for high clamp loads