Toyota Motor Europe and the Copenhagen Institute of Interaction Design (CIID) have developed the Toyota ‘Window to the World’ concept.
The concept uses the latest in ‘augmented reality’ technology, and is designed to bring extra value to the passengers by making the trip enjoyable and educational.
Engineers and designers from Toyota’s Kansei Design Division teamed with the CIID to develop five features for the near-future technology:
- Drawing in motion – images integrate with their background
- Zooming into captured moments in time – gives a close-up perspective on selected features
- Translating the world in a local language – real-time translation of landscape features
- Augmented distances – measures the distance of an object from the window
- Virtual constellations – panoramic roof gives information about the constellations in the background
The Window to the World is unlikely to feature in the next Camry, but the technology is certainly developing at an exciting rate.
What do you think of the concept? Would you like the technology built into your car? And what features would you add if you could? Let us know in the comments section below.