ownerreview-hyundai-i30-elite

2012 HYUNDAI i30 ELITE

Very impressive car and certainly better than new Corolla, Pulsar, Civic and Impreza. Probably lacks the steering of the Mazda 3, but it's very refined in whatever does and I don't notice it. I probably am not very happy with the way it absorbs large bumps, but that's about it really. Maybe a set of Brisgstone Turanzas will go a long way (it certainly did on another car I own with a similar firm ride). Seriously, though the features are FAR TOO MANY to mention... it's amazing. I considered a Honda Civic but almost fell asleep when I saw one in the flesh. Maybe when I'm 60. Everyone seems to bag out the steering, but I don't throw it around and just drive like always have and actually love the connection with the driver, seating position and well supported seats. I find that the colour of the bumpers doesn't quite match the metal surfaces, but I now see it on many other brands - eg Subaru, Mazda, so kinda relieved. Engine certainly lacks low-down torque and urban fuel economy not great - start/stop traffic 80% of the time at 9.5L/100. Exterior panel gaps etc are very impressive and consistent. Korea vs Japan nothing in it folks because the new i30 is a seriously good car (except for firm ride)