The book is an account of how Collins went on to become TopGear’s racing driver. Some say his brain is a Satellite navigation system and that he once had a staring contest with the Sun... and won. All we know is, his book is definitely worth a read.
There is some controversy as to what will happen to the Stig for season 16 of TopGear, will the crew simply replace him or kill of his character?
If you'd like to win a copy of the Stig's new book, simply leave us a comment (50 words or less) and explain why the Stig deserves to remain on TopGear. Please login via FaceBook connect (below) to leave comments - entries from anonymous users will not be accepted. Competition closes 5pm Sydney time 27/10/10.
Just a few facts about The Stig:
- He’s shared a cabin for seven years with Jeremy Clarkson’s underwear, James May’s PhD thesis and Richard Hammond’s hairspray
- His picture is splashed across millions of items of cutting-edge merchandise, and some rather strange-looking Easter eggs
- He’s lapped Dunsfold faster than Nigel Mansell, Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button
- He’s guided hundreds of celebrities such as Tom Cruise, Sienna Miller and a blind ex-Artillery soldier around the now legendary Top Gear track
- He’s raced wheel to wheel with the best of the best at Daytona, Sebring, Le Mans and Bathurst
- He’s pitted a drug dealer’s Mitsubishi Evo against a Trojan tank and a Jackal High Mobility Weapons Platform, and a Vauxhall Monara against Chloe the dancing Ninja
- He’s hurtled an Aston Martin DBS around the hairpin bends at the edge of Lake Garda
The Man in the White Suit by Ben Collins
ISBN: 9780007331680; $35.00; TPB
Publication Date: 1 October 2010