Baby crossover gets new upmarket range topper with nicer trimmings.
Mazda Australia has announced a new variant for the recently-updated CX-3 range, in the form of the flagship Akari LE.
Headlining the upgrades over the standard Akari are 'Dark Russet' nappa leather seat trim accented with Pure White leatherette, the latter also adorning the dashboard and doors.
The dash-mounted air vents also get a Pure White metallic ring border, while the exterior is distinguished by 18-inch bright finish alloy wheels.
Five colours will be available for the Akari LE: Snowflake White Pearl, Jet Black Mica, Machine Grey Metallic, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, and Ceramic Metallic.
The CX-3 Akari LE is also exclusively powered by the 2.0-litre naturally-aspirated petrol engine (no diesel option), making 110kW (@6000rpm) and 195Nm (@2800rpm).
A six-speed automatic transmission is standard for the Akari LE, as is front-wheel drive. Buyers can opt for all-wheel drive for an extra $2000 (from $37,290).
Carryover equipment from the Akari grade includes adaptive cruise control with stop&go function, and a 360-degree camera system.
With the addition of the two new Akari LE models, the variant count for the 2019 CX-3 range now comes to 16.
Click the images for the full gallery
2019 Mazda CX-3 pricing
- Neo Sport FWD – $21,790/$23,790 (6MT/6AT)
- Maxx Sport FWD – $23,690/$25,690 (6MT/6AT)
- Maxx Sport AWD – $27,690 (6AT)
- sTouring FWD – $27,790/$29,790 (6MT/6AT)
- sTouring AWD – $31,790 (6AT)
- Akari FWD – $32,790/$34,790 (6MT/6AT)
- Akari AWD – $36,790 (6AT)
- Akari LE FWD – $35,290 (6AT)
- Akari LE AWD – $37,290 (6AT)
- Maxx Sport FWD – $28,090 (6AT)
- sTouring AWD – $34,190 (6AT)
- Akari AWD – $39,190
All pricing excludes on-road costs
MORE: Everything Mazda