The Mazda CX-5 has been updated with a revised suspension tune, subtle specification enhancements and the introduction of a new Safety Pack option for the mid-level Maxx Sport grade.
The $1490 Safety Pack adds blind spot monitoring, smart city brake support and an auto-dimming rear-view mirror to the three Maxx Sport automatic variants, costing $35,110 for the 2.0-litre petrol, $38,110 for the 2.5-litre petrol and $40,960 for the 2.2-litre diesel.
The city braking system – which helps prevent or lessen the impact of low-speed crashes when the vehicle is travelling between 4-30km/h by automatically applying the brakes – now also comes standard in the top-spec CX-5 Akera, making it the first vehicle from Mazda Australia to offer the technology standard.
Akera and Grand Touring variants also benefit from a memory function for the driver’s seat and six-way electric adjustment for the front passenger seat.
All updated Mazda CX-5 models are available in two new colours: Blue Reflex Mica and Deep Crystal Blue Mica. Maxx Sport, Grand Touring and Akera grades get a revised silver alloy wheel finish, while all auto models across the range now feature a restyled straight-shift transmission lever.
Pricing of CX-5 Maxx and Maxx Sport grades continues unchanged, while Grand Touring and Akera grades increase $400 and $800 respectively.
The Mazda CX-5 is Australia’s top-selling SUV this year, with sales up 32.5 per cent to 16,885 to the end of October, leading the Hyundai ix35 (15,860), and the Toyota RAV4 (14,046) and LandCruiser Prado (12,268).
Mazda CX-5 manufacturer’s list prices:
- Maxx 2.0-litre petrol manual FWD – $27,880
- Maxx 2.0-litre petrol auto FWD – $29,880
- Maxx Sport 2.0-litre petrol auto FWD – $33,620
- Maxx 2.5-litre petrol auto AWD – $32,880
- Maxx Sport 2.5-litre petrol auto AWD – $36,620
- Maxx Sport 2.2-litre diesel auto AWD – $39,470
- Grand Touring 2.5-litre petrol auto AWD – $44,180 (+$400)
- Grand Touring 2.2-litre diesel auto AWD – $47,030 (+$400)
- Akera 2.5-litre petrol auto AWD – $46,570 (+$800)
- Akera 2.2-litre diesel auto AWD – $49,420 (+$800)