All of the models showing at the Ferrari stand include personalisation features that have become a Prancing Horse trademark integrated with new content designed to enhance both their natural elegance and driving-pleasure.
Furthermore, Ferrari has shown of 10 historic colours unveiled at the Show. Whilst these colours were available on older models, they have been out of action for sometime. The new colour range includes: Avorio, Vinaccia, Celeste, Avio, Azzurro, Blu Scozia, Verde Abetone, Grigio Ferro, Grigio Medio, Grigio Scuro (doesn't tell you much does it?). This new colour range is being offi cially unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show and will be available for the 612 Scaglietti.
Just have a look at the cabin of the 612 Scaglietti. This photo is taken of one which is even more sumptuous and elegant than ever with meticulous detailing combined with significantly enhanced GT content.
To facilitate the personalisation process for each individual car, Ferrari developed a innovative car configurator system to allow customers make their own simulation using their preferred options from the Carrozzeria Scaglietti Personalisation Programme.
The configurator is the most complete and comprehensive of its kind, covering every aspect of the Programme right down to the smallest detail.
Ferrari sold 5,671 cars in 2006, an increase of 4.8% on 2005. Revenues for the 2006 financial year equalled $1,447 million euro while Ferrari's trading profit of euro 183 million showed a significant leap of 16.4% over the previous financial year. These results underscore the importance of the Ferrari brand to the Fiat Group which, in the course of the year, also bought back the Prancing Horse shares sold to banks, thereby increasing its stake in the company to 85% (the remaining 15% is divided up as follows: 10% the Ferrari family, 5% Mubadala).
The 12.2% increase in Ferrari's revenues was due in great part to excellent performance in North America and Switzerland (with deliveries up 6% in both), Germany (+8%), and new and developing markets (the Middle East, Eastern Europe and South America) which generated a significant increase in sales volumes. The Chinese market also performed exceptionally well indeed with the number of cars delivered there doubling in just 12 months.