The e-NV200 is Nissan’s way of utilising its technology from the all-electric LEAF to demonstrate the strengths of electric vehicles.
Nissan says the e-NV200 is a near-future production version of a small van, designed to provide businesses and families with a practical zero-emission solution to everyday tasks.
Using a very similar set-up to the Nissan LEAF, the e-NV200 makes use of a lithium-ion battery powering an 80kW AC synchronous motor (280Nm of torque from 0rpm) that delivers brisk and effortless acceleration. It’s expected to provide around the same 160km range as the LEAF while also making use of its donor’s in-car technology.
The e-NV200 offers all the same practicality and usability as the NV200, which won the 2010 International Van of the Year award, but it does differ in exterior styling thanks to blue-accented badging, modified headlights and LEDs.
Much like the Pathfinder concept, the e-NV200 is a very close representation of the upcoming production vehicle. Nissan has already started testing the electric van with the Japan Post Service in Yokohama and FedEx in London and, in case you haven’t heard it yet, from 2013 its donor car will be the official yellow cab of New York city (meaning it will ferry 600,000 passengers per day).
- Drive configuration: Front-wheel drive
- Transmission: Single speed reducer
- Battery: Laminated 24 kWh lithium-ion (Li-ion) battery
- Battery layout: Under floor
- Range: Comparable to Nissan LEAF
- Body: Unibody
- Wheels: 16-inch aluminum-alloy wheels
- Tyre size: 205/55R16
- Wheelbase: 272.54 centimetres
- Length: 457.45 centimetres
- Width: 175.76 centimetres
- Height: 182.62 centimetres
- Exterior features: Functional cabin and cargo space; Nissan’s EV identity including front face; dual glass roof panels; powerful front end with charging port door; aerodynamic body form; blue chrome plated headlights and rear combination lights
- Interior features: Custom instrument panel treatment with special EV meters, advanced telematics and flat C-cluster display resembling a computer tablet; custom light grey cloth upholstery; two-row foldable seating