Although popularly speculated to receive a V8 power plant, the Genesis Coupe will be available with two engine variants, a 3.8-litre V6 and a 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder.
More importantly though, the Coupe has retained its rear-drive orientation in a body lighter than the Infiniti G37 and a chassis 24 percent stiffer than the BMW E46 M3 - widely acclaimed as one of the world's most agile rear-drivers.
The 3.8-liter Lambda DOHC V6 engine delivers 228kW and 356Nm, accelerating the Genesis Coupe from zero to 100km/h in just under six seconds - matching the Nissan 350Z for performance.
The turbocharged, intercooled 2.0-liter DOHC inline four-cylinder benefits from Continuously Variable Valve Timing (CVVT) technology, developing 158kW and 294Nm.
Both engines are mated to a standard six-speed manual transmission. The Genesis Coupe 2.0t is also available with an optional five-speed automatic with while the 3.8-liter V6 offers a ZF six-speed automatic transmission.
The flagship SE model also features a highly impressive brake package, with Brembo four-piston calipers clamping down on 340mm rotors up front and 330mm down back.
The Genesis Coupe also features segment-leading occupant safety, with driver and front passenger advanced frontal airbags, along with front seat-mounted side airbags, side air curtains and active front head restraints.
The front seatbelts have pretensioners and force limiters, and the rear seats feature LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children), which make affixing child safety seats easier.
All Genesis Coupe models feature standard four-channel ABS with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist, couple with Electronic Stability Control (ESC) standard across the range.
The Genesis Coupe is offered in three trim levels: the stylish and affordable GS, the premium-sport GT featuring the 3.8-liter V6, and the high-performance SE, available with either the 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine or the 3.8-liter V6 engine.
GENESIS COUPE GS (Preliminary packaging subject to change)
Key Standard Equipment:
- 2.0-liter turbocharged, intercooled four-cylinder engine
- Electronic Stability Control
- Traction Control System
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Front, side, side air curtain air bags
- Active front head restraints
- Manual A/C
- Keyless entry
- Power windows, door locks, and mirrors
- AM/FM/XM/CD Player/USB/iPod connectivity
- Steering wheel audio controls
- Cruise control
- Vanity mirror illumination
GENESIS COUPE GT (Preliminary packaging subject to change)
GS equipment Plus:
- 3.8-liter DOHC V6
- Leather steering wheel / Shift knob
- Metalgrain /chrome interior accents
- Automatic temperature control
- Fog lamps
- Premium door sill plates
- Trip computer
- Chrome front fascia accents
- Auto light control
GENESIS COUPE SE (Preliminary packaging subject to change)
Unique SE equipment:
- 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder or 3.8-liter DOHC V6
- HID headlights
- Aluminum pedals
- Manual A/C
- 19-inch alloy wheels
- High performance Bridgestone Potenza RE050A summer tires
- Brembo braking system with monobloc four-piston calipers
- SE track-tuned suspension / front strut brace
- Limited-slip differential
- Black leather bolsters / red cloth insert seats
- Rear spoiler
- Aero wiper blades