2016 Kia Sportage GT-line (AWD) Review
  • Smooth and comfortable, safety features, cooled seats, panoramic sunroof, smart tailgate
  • Wireless charging, No CD player, Needs 12 volt Charger in rear
PRICE $43,490
ANCAP RATING N/A

by Vernon Davies

Having had the Sportage for a few weeks I am, so far, very impressed with the value for money it offers. The long list of features on the Platinum series has impressed everybody who has seen the vehicle. The safety features are particularly impressive and the quality of the finish is a testament to Kia’s commitment to bringing good value to buyers.

A real hit with friends have been the cooled leather seats. They are a real bonus in our hot climate. Another great feature is the automatic self opening tailgate that my wife finds particularly useful as previously she has found wagons too heavy to manage.

So far I have found the Sportage smooth and easy to drive and am particularly impressed with the ride from the 19-inch wheels and low profile tyres. I was expecting them to be quite bumpy. Fuel economy has been as good as claimed, if not better. As for reliability, this is our fourth Kia in the family and we are happy with the brand.

The only complaint I have is that the wireless mobile charging has not worked on any models I have so far tried. I do miss my CD player from our previous Kia, old-fashioned perhaps but a lot of buyers in that bracket feel the same.

The controls are easy to use but I find the sat nav screen a bit of a stretch from the driving position. The info screen in dash is very good but would prefer a digital readout of instant fuel economy.

Of course the seven year, unlimited kays warranty is a deal closer.

KIA SPORTAGE BREAKDOWN