2016 Holden Commodore S Black Edition Review
  • Love driving it, Sporty look, Press button start, Economical, It's mine!!!
  • No exterior manual boot release button, Front sensors temperamental, CD player would of been nice.

by Joanne

What can I say, ever since I first saw the advert for this car I fell in love with it, but unfortunately couldn’t afford one.

Then last November 2016 I saw at my local Holden dealership this beautiful model on sale I just had to have it. I took one for a test drive on the November 24 and by the end of the November 26 I drove it off the showroom floor. It hasn’t disappointed me for the almost two months that I’ve owned it; it’s amazing to drive.

The Black Edition extras look fantastic and the push button start and reverse camera (which my kids love) are excellent though take a bit to getting use to.

It has been extremely economical which I was surprised about seeing as it is a 3.6 Litre engine, but still has plenty of grunt.

It is very comfortable to sit in whether you are driving or a passenger (I rarely allow my husband to drive).

The only criticisms I have are; the lack of outside manual release for the boot; The front parking sensors can be a bit temperamental (is it just in my car?) they don’t seem to work like they should. I have spoken to my Holden dealership and they tell me that they are working fine. So wondering if that is a common thing.

And it would of been nice to have a CD player, even as a option as it did take me a while to figure out how to download music to a USB stick. Not everyone is technology savvy.

I really love my car and would highly recommend it to anyone who is considering purchasing a Holden Commodore VFII Black edition.

HOLDEN COMMODORE BREAKDOWN