• Performance
  • Auto stop start

by Carl Brouwer

Have only owned car for 10 days. Just love total package. Sure, rear sear leg room a wee bit skimpy, lots up front where I live. 4 cyl TURBO 8speed combo awesom. 175 km trip, 20 kms on Odo, averaged 8.8 l/100. Turning radius larger than expected. Premium plus package (canada), all the options. Seats superb, sound very good, fit and finish outstanding.

Compared to German suv, preferred what I got. Don’t like auto start/stop feature. Like the active xenon headlights a lot. Owned many Hondas, popular here, but after third CRV, decided on something different,master testing 2015 crv, felt no different, don’t Like CTVs.

The Aisin 8 speed shifts, barely notice lay. Takes awhile to get to fully understand the senses system, a lot to remember, I am a bit of a Luddite.

At one time owned a 123 GT while station in Europ in the years 60-70. Liked the Volvo robustness and build quality then. The new engine tranny combo made the decision for. Plus a great deal of course. First dealer visited was so rude, I walked out. Swallowed my pride, went back, nice sales rep.

Asked me to sign a waiver, to hold me responsible to a max of $5000.00 cdn in case of damage. Went to out of town dealer, most gracious, test drive, no waiver, huge discount, had to pay for a tank of gas, fuel, and threw in nitrogen gas in the tires. Whoopee!!. If this car is half as reliable as my Hondas were, I’d be extatic ?

VOLVO XC60 BREAKDOWN