I bought my Hyundai in June 2015 and it was the best decision I made. $19,990 drive away for a new car is an irresistible deal, especially when it comes with a peace of mind of a 5 year unlimited KM warranty and capped price annual service.
1) Safety – peace of mind of 5 star ANCAP and 7 airbags, reversing camera in base model. Indicates that the Hyundai won’t compromise about safety.
2) Engine – very quiet and efficient. It’s not for drag racing but won’t let you down for quick overtakes. Only downside is engine doesn’t like high rpm.
3) Service – $250 a year. Service it and forget it. Though I keep checking vitals monthly.
4) Reliability – 5 year warranty need I say more.
5) Customer service – Very good. Right from buying to servicing.
6) Comfort – seats are comfortable air con is good. Cannot hear what’s going outside. Insulation is very good.
7) Audio – Pandora iPhone connectivity is awesome. Also it records any favourite tracks on its onboard memory which you can play when you don’t have a memory stick or radio in the country. Never missed CD’s as this doesn’t have a CD player although this may be a bummer for a few.
8) Boot – Very large for its class.
What can be better?
Not much I can think of but a 2L in base model would be good option as it will really shrug off any doubts who is umming and ahhing about a Mazda 3 or a Toyota Corolla.
If you have a grand extra then the active X is a better option due to alloy wheels and faux leather, unless those things don’t bother you, the active is very good.