• Comfort, Simplicity, Price , Interior space , Look
  • No blue tooth , Radio is a little outdated , Lack of side impact protection , Wife would like more creature comforts, Tray overhang / clearance

by Mike O'Brien

I’ve owned my dual cab Pik Up since November 2012 & have so far done 87000km in it , I am extremely happy with the vehicle & would recommend people give Mahindra a go as a 4×4 it’s excellent.

I use it to tow a outback poptop & whilst a little more power would be nice it doesn’t struggle , it’s simple but comfortable , I’ve driven it from Brisbane to Mission Beach towing the van in a 26hr time frame & was not stuffed at the end , even towing the range of the 80lt tank is about 700km not towing I can get about 850km .

Another good point is the cost of parts & the after sale service this has been first class from the dealer & Mahindra . I agree that you do sit a little close to the side , I’m about 5’9″ & 92kg & I don’t find it to
be an issue .

Another thing I’ve noticed is a little turbo lag this is manageable though & maybe I shift into 4L a little earlier than some other 4x4s however usually the going has got to a point where you need to go steady anyhow , just to finish I enjoying driving this 4×4 in the bush or city it makes a good base to build up a great 4×4 tourer so don’t let the name put you off all the others had to start somewhere to get the reputation they now have.

MAHINDRA PIK-UP BREAKDOWN