Peugeot Australia has cut the prices of most models in its passenger and SUV range in a bid to further stimulate local sales growth.
Furthermore, the company has also rolled-out permanent national drive-away pricing on a number of its offerings to simplify the buying process.
At the extreme end, this latter decision means a real-world price cut on the 508 Allure diesel sedan of about $5500.
The cuts, to either the list price (the RRP before State-specific taxes and dealer delivery charges are applied), or via the new drive-away pricing, apply to the 208, 308 and 508 passenger cars, and the 2008, 3008 and 4008 SUVs.
Only the RCZ sportscar has received no price adjustments.
At the time, it appears Peugeot has also deleted some slow-selling variants from the range, such as the entry 208 Active with a manual gearbox, the top-spec 2008 Allure crossover with a manual gearbox and the Allure version of the 4008.
“The introduction of drive-away pricing is aimed at ensuring that all Peugeot customers gain access to the same offers Australia-wide. As a bonus they also receive greater value due to price reductions across relevant models,” said Peugeot Australia general manager John Startari.
“The decision to roll out drive-away pricing to a wider selection of vehicles was in part due to a positive response to the recent 308 drive-away offer.”
Peugeot sales are up 16.3 per cent this year, about five-times the market average. However, all of this growth has come from the all-new 308, which is kicking decent goals in the small segment (581 sales year-to-date, more than triple what the old car did over the same period in 2014).
Peugeot also points out that all vehicles are covered by the company’s Assurance capped servicing program, three-year roadside assist program, and a three-year/100,000km warranty.
It does not mention, however, that its sister brand Citroen, imported in Australia by the same organisation, has a six-year plan.
See below for a full list of the price cuts:
- 208 5 Door Hatch Active 1.6VTi auto drive-away $19,990 (was $19,990 before on-roads)
- 208 5 Door Hatch Allure 1.6VTi auto RRP $24,490 (no change)
- 208 GTi 3 Door 1.6 THP Petrol manual RRP $29,990 (-$1000)
- 2008 2WD SUV Active 1.2VTi MT drive-away $23,990 (was $22,490 before on-roads)
- 2008 2WD SUV Active 1.6VTi AT drive-away $26,990 (was $25,490 before on-roads)
- 2008 2WD SUV Allure 1.6VTi AT RRP $30,990 (no change)
- 2008 2WD SUV Outdoor 1.6e-HDi MT RRP $32,990 (no change)
- 308 Hatch Access 96kW e-THP MT drive-away $21,990 (no change)
- 308 Hatch Access 96kW e-THP AT drive-away $24,690 (was $23,990 before on-roads)
- 308 Hatch Active 96kW e-THP AT drive-away $29,990 (was $28,340 before on-roads)
- 308 Hatch Allure 110kW THP AT RRP $31,842 (-$948)
- 308 Hatch 110kW BlueHDi AT RRP $33,686 (-$1604)
- 308 Touring Allure 110kW THP AT RRP $34,689 (-$801)
- 308 Hatch Allure Premium 110kW THP AT RRP $35,530 ($-910)
- 308 Touring Allure 110kW BlueHDi AT RRP $36,543 (-$1447)
- 308 Hatch Allure Premium 110kW BlueHDi AT RRP $37,533 (-$1407)
- 308 Touring Allure Premium 110kW THP AT RRP $38,393 (-$747)
- 308 Touring Allure Premium 110kW BlueHDi AT RRP $40,622 (-$1018)
- 308 Hatch GT 151kW THP MT RRP $41,990 (no change)
- 308 Hatch GT 133kW BlueHDi AT RRP $42,990 (no change)
- 3008 Hatch Active 115kW THP AT drive-away $36,990 (was $35,490 before on-roads)
- 3008 Hatch Active 120kW HDi AT drive-away $39,990 (was $38,990 before on-roads)
- 4008 2WD SUV Active 2.0i MT drive-away $27,990 (was $27,990 before on-roads)
- 4008 2WD SUV Active 2.0i AT drive-away $29,990 (was $29,990 before on-roads)
- 4008 4WD SUV Active 2.0i AT RRP $33,490 (was $32,990 before on-roads)
- 508 Sedan Active 121kW e-THP AT RRP $36,990 (-$1000)
- 508 Sedan Allure 120kW HDi AT drive-away $44,990 (was $45,990 before on-roads)
- 508 Touring Allure 2.0HDi AT drive-away $47,990 (was $48,990 before on-roads)
- 508 Sedan GT AT drive-away $59,990 (was $58,490 before on-roads)
- 508 Touring GT AT drive-away $62,990 (was $61,490 before on-roads)
- RCZ Coupe 1.6T MT RRP $58,990 (no change)
- RCZ Coupe 2.0HDi MT RRP $58,990 (no change)
- RCZ Coupe 1.6T AT RRP $58,990 (no change)
- RCZ R Coupe 1.6T AT RRP $68,990 (no change)