Christmas has come early for the superstars of Real Madrid, with the soccer gods taking delivery of their courtesy cars for 2014 from major sponsor Audi.
Cristiano Ronaldo’s top-dog status on the pitch carries over to the car park, where the legendary forward now boasts a matt grey Audi RS6 Avant. The 412kW/700Nm twin-turbocharged 4.0-litre V8-powered wagon, which accelerates from 0-100km/h in 3.9 seconds, costs $225,000 in Australia – or roughly 0.7 per cent of his 21 million euro ($31.4 million) salary in 2013, equating to a little under three days’ work.
Defender Sergio Ramos snagged the next best set of keys, driving away with a 331kW/430Nm 4.2-litre V8 Audi RS5.
The 309kW Audi S7 was the weapon of choice for Xabi Alonso, while Álvaro Arbeloa, Karim Benzema and Álvaro Morata all elected to slide behind the wheel of SQ5 SUVs.
Coach Carlo Ancelotti continues to demand respect off the pitch, now driving to and from training in an A8 limousine.
The overwhelming favourite, however, fulfils the soccer mum stereotype perfectly, with 12 of the 23 players claiming Audi Q7 3.0 TDI SUVs.
Two Q5s and a new S3 Sportback also join the fleet, while goalkeeper Jesús Fernández has the most humble model, an A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI.
Real Madrid 2014 courtesy car list:
- Cristiano Ronaldo: Audi RS6 Avant
- Sergio Ramos: Audi RS5
- Xabi Alonso: Audi S7
- Álvaro Arbeloa: Audi SQ5
- Karim Benzema: Audi SQ5
- Álvaro Morata: Audi SQ5
- Carlo Ancelotti: Audi A8 4.2 TDI
- Casemiro: Audi A7 Sportback 3.0 TDI
- Gareth Bale: Audi Q7 3.0 TDI
- Iker Casillas: Audi Q7 3.0 TDI
- Fabio Coentrao: Audi Q7 3.0 TDI
- Ángel Di María: Audi Q7 3.0 TDI
- Sami Khedira: Audi Q7 3.0 TDI
- Asier Illarramendi: Audi Q7 3.0 TDI
- Isco: Audi Q7 3.0 TDI
- Jesé: Audi Q7 3.0 TDI
- Marcelo: Audi Q7 3.0 TDI
- Luca Modric: Audi Q7 3.0 TDI
- Nacho: Audi Q7 3.0 TDI
- Pepe: Audi Q7 3.0 TDI
- Carvajal: Audi Q5 3.0 TDI
- Diego López: Audi Q5 3.0 TDI
- Rafael Varane: Audi S3 Sportback
- Jesús Fernández: Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI