General Motors and Toyota have been confirmed as the standout performers in the 2013 AutoPacific Vehicle Satisfaction Awards.
Both manufacturers achieved four best-in-class vehicle satisfaction awards across the 22 categories spanning passenger cars, SUVs and light commercial vehicles.
GM also won the two top honours for brand satisfaction, with Cadillac claiming the prize for the best premium brand and Buick outranking its rivals in the popular brand segment.
AutoPacific’s Vehicle Satisfaction Awards measure owner satisfaction against 51 vehicle attributes ranging from fuel economy and performance to interior comfort and convenience.
“The winners perform well in 51 separate categories that objectively measure the ownership experience,” AutoPacific president George Peterson said.
“By surveying a substantial number of owners who purchased a new 2013 model year vehicle, AutoPacific’s VSA provides an objective measurement of how well the makers are doing. More than one-third of new vehicle buyers are positively influenced by objective awards based on owner ratings when deciding on a new car or truck.”
The 2013 awards are much more diverse than they have been in previous years, with no one manufacturer dominating. Closely following GM and Toyota was Chrysler with three class wins; and Ford, Hyundai, Kia and Nissan with two each.
Infiniti and Land Rover were the biggest improvers compared with 2012 from a brand satisfaction perspective, up 10 and nine ranking positions respectively, while Scion fell 10 positions and Ford eight.
The 2013 AutoPacific Vehicle Satisfaction Awards are based on the results of responses from over 52,000 new vehicle owners in the US.
- Luxury car – Lexus LS460
- Aspirational luxury car – Hyundai Genesis
- Luxury mid-size car – Lexus ES
- Large car – Toyota Avalon
- Mid-size car – Kia Optima
- Premium compact car – Acura ILX
- Compact car – Nissan Sentra
- Economy car – Chevrolet Sonic
- Sports car – Chevrolet Corvette
- Sporty car – Hyundai Veloster/Dodge Challenger
- Hybrid car/EV – Toyota Avalon Hybrid
SUVs and Light Commercial Vehicles:
- Heavy-duty pick-up – Chevrolet Silverado HD
- Light-duty pick-up – Ford F-150
- Luxury/large SUV – Infiniti QX56
- Mid-size SUV – Jeep Grand Cherokee
- Luxury crossover – Cadillac SRX
- Large crossover – Ford Flex
- Premium mid-size crossover – Toyota Highlander
- Mid-size crossover – Mazda CX-5
- Compact crossover – Kia Sportage
- Minivan – Chrysler Town & Country
- Hybrid/EV crossover – Lexus RX450h