Audi Australia has announced a practicality boost for the Audi A5 Sportback and A7 Sportback models for 2013, making the versatility of a fifth seat now standard across both vehicle ranges.
The revised interior layout for both the Audi A5 Sportback and A7 Sportback headlines a list of updates for the 2013 model year. The A5 now includes a memory function for the driver’s seat and electric mirrors with heating, memory, auto dimming, reversing auto-dip and folding functions as standard. The A7 benefits from gains in engine performance, with the 3.0 TFSI petrol upped 8kW to 228kW and the 3.0 TDI diesel – now standard with an eight-speed tiptronic automatic transmission – bumped up 80Nm to 580Nm.
Prices for both variants of the Audi A7 Sportback have also been reduced for the new year with the diesel now starting at $135,750 (a saving of $7000) and the petrol at $143,800 ($3500 less).
Audi says the new pricing structure allows for the introduction of the A7 3.0 TDI Biturbo model – due to arrive next month accompanied by the Audi A6 3.0 TDI Biturbo - with an anticipated starting price around $160,000.
2013 Audi A5 and A7 Sportback manufacturer’s list prices:
- A5 Sportback 1.8 TFSI – $66,900
- A5 Sportback 2.0 TDI – $68,700
- A5 Sportback 2.0 TFSI quattro S tronic – $83,200
- A5 Sportback 2.0 TFSI quattro manual – $80,900
- A5 Sportback 3.0 TDI quattro S tronic – $95,900
- A5 Sportback 3.0 TFSI quattro S tronic – $100,300
- A7 Sportback 3.0 TFSI quattro – $143,800 (-$3500)
- A7 Sportback 3.0 TDI quattro – $135,750 (-$7000)