News & ReviewsLast 7 days
CarAdvice
Volvo Logo

Volvo News - Page 57

Volvo workers agree to cost cutting

It was only Tuesday we brought you news of Ford having signed a new labour deal with its union workers, now it seems Volvo have taken a similar step. The Blue Oval’s Volvo brand says it has reached an agreement with its union that although plans helping Volvo save money does not involve further job cuts...

Volvo CEO confident of brand's future

With the Swedish government acting as guarantor on 90 percent of a 5 billion kronor ($853 million AUD) loan - with Volvo having to find a backer for the remaining 10 percent - Volvo CEO Stephen Odell (pictured below) is now confident the future of Volvo is on the up-and-up. Speaking from the Geneva Motor Show today, Odell said the loan would be used to fund Volvo's next round of R&D...

Daimler not interested in Opel, SAAB or Volvo

Daimler last night reaffirmed to the press that it has "no interest" in acquiring Opel, SAAB or Volvo. Although the purchase could immediately give Daimler a sizable share of the market, management has stated quite bluntly that the decision is final. "A takeover of Opel is not on the agenda. That also goes for Volvo or SAAB," Daimler management board member Thomas Weber said...

Volvo to expand DRIVe model range

Although it's been a year since Volvo officially launched its DRIVe lineup of vehicles, it has today announced the addition of a further four models to the range which will be launched at next month's Geneva Motor Show. The V70, S80, XC60 and XC70 are all set to receive the DRIVe treatment adding to the existing C30, S40 and V50 line up (pictured above)...

Volvo set to receive government guaranteed loan

The Swedish government is set to guarantee 90 per cent of a 5-billion-kronor (A$900 million) loan for Volvo Cars with the remaining 10 per cent to be secured from other sources. The government's stance toward Volvo, which is currently owned by Ford, appeared more benevolent compared to Swedish rival, General Motors owned SAAB...

Volvo XC60 to save drivers on insurance - NRMA

In order to avoid rear end collisions, drivers have to be alert at all times. But that's exactly the opposite of what happens every day, if the NRMA's statistics are accurate. Apparently in New South Wales, there are as many as 50,000 rear-enders each year, some worse than others...

Volvo to assist driver behaviour study

A fleet of 100 Volvo V70 and XC70 vehicles will take part in a three-year European Union research project called EuroFOT (Field Operational Tests) enabling Volvo Cars to monitor the behaviour of drivers and their reaction to complex traffic situations...

2010 Volvo S60 Concept revealed

After whetting our appetites with a series of teaser images, Volvo has completely revealed its new S60 Concept which will make its first public debut at next month's North American International Motor Show. Far removed from the Volvo stereotypes of old, the S60 Concept's coupe-inspired lines are an accurate representation of what customers will be able to buy in the near future...

Volvo for sale - US$6 billion

News came through the other day that Volvo's sale by Ford was definitely on the cards. Now a US source has identified that Ford may try to sell the Swedish brand for as much as US$6 billion. This figure is scarily close to what Ford bought Volvo for in 1999 - US$6.4 billion. But buyers may be wary, as only truly secure and safe assets are the ones sought after...

Ford to consider selling Volvo

This has been a long time coming but Ford Motor Company has today officially announced that it's considering the sale of its Volvo Car Corporation unit under review and "strategic options" for the loss-making Swedish brand.  Tough times have hit Ford hard with the US car maker in serious need of cold hard cash...

2010 Volvo S60 Concept teaser

Volvo has revealed the first image of its new S60 Concept in the lead up to its official debut at the Detroit Motor Show in early January 2009.   Its design is intentionally aggressive with the brand boasting that the all-new S60 will deliver a sporty drive like no Volvo before...