Honda HR-V 2016 vti-s

2016 Honda HR-V VTi-S review

I bought my Honda HRV VTI-S in December 2016. I was attracted by the price, look and overall package of the vehicle. I was also looking for reliability and good resale value, as I put a few kilometres on my cars. I figured Honda is one of the best options for the great build quality, fit and finish, and wear and tear.

It has comfortable seats with great support. Functional seats, too, with a fold-flat option that is very handy. Although, the middle one is rock hard.

The quirky console with all the touch pad-style buttons is very responsive, although you need to take your eyes off the road for a split-second longer if you want to turn the fan up or down, for instance. A more tactile screen would be better suited.

Fuel economy is disappointing with an average of 8.5L/100km. The small fuel tank doesn't help either.

The glovebox will only fit a pair of gloves! The side cupholders in the doors hold a bottle (just) and there is a smaller shallow one next to that. I'm not sure what this is for. Maybe an egg?

It is well-appointed, although GPS is not an option across the range. The piano-black finishes are attractive and make the interior look more upmarket, but they are dust magnets. Luckily my microfibre cloth isn't bigger than a pair of gloves!

The Honda is very smooth and quiet on the open road, but the stop-start is a little on the noisy side thanks to the CVT. I am considering new suspension, as the factory one is jaw-shattering to say the least.

All in all, it is a great car with sharp looks to boot, but another 20kW wouldn't have hurt.