Nissan Pulsar 2015 sss

2015 Nissan Pulsar SSS review

As someone who works at a car dealership, I was constantly seeing people buy new cars and drive away. So I decided to upgrade from my ’05 Astra to a Nissan SSS Pulsar.

As soon as I sat in the vehicle, I felt like I was sitting in a car of luxury with the leather interior and keyless entry with push-start button. I got the Series 2 version with a CVT transmission. Series 2 also features the rear privacy glass, which meant no extra money needed to be spent on tinting.

I love the room inside the vehicle, and think it's really got ample leg room in the rear. The massive boot space is a huge bonus, however as the rear seats don't fold down, it could be considered a little limiting.

The SSS Pulsar with its 1.6-litre turbo engine is lovely to drive, and as I get roughly 100km more than my Astra, it is definitely a lifesaver when it comes to fuel.

The most negative things about the vehicle, in my point of view, are some of the tech features. For example, the vehicle could have around-view monitoring like the States and UK versions do.

Also, the audio head units could be more user-friendly, especially when it comes to connecting your phone. Unfortunately, Nissan hasn't included Android Auto or Apple CarPlay. And the navigation system works great, but having maps that are three years old is crap. I would recommend that anyone who buys the car, maybe swap the head unit for one with better features.