2012 Mitsubishi Triton GLX Review

At the time of purchase, I was tossing between a Navara, Ranger, HiLux, Triton or DMAX. I have absolutely no regrets going for the Triton.

I scored an amazing deal and saved thousands on a new Triton and it has been nothing but a great vehicle. It is used daily as a work vehicle and is also tricked up a bit for use out on the trails.

Friends and family are consistently surprised at its refinement in the cabin. It is quite, comfortable and it drives like a passenger car on the highways and is equally comfortable offroad. The turbo lag is definitely a thing, especially when the engine is cold, but this is something that is easily remedied by conscious driving. It is by no means a deal-breaker.

Offroad, the Triton is a great thing. It has plenty of torque and traction, I have never had an issue on any of the scrabbly tracks I frequent. I have never needed low-range, hi-range 4X4 is enough for the toughest the Victorian high country can throw at you! Rear overhang is an issue - I would recommend some kind of rear protection bar if you plan on doing serious offroading.

A few extra tech features in the GLX cabin would not have gone astray, though I have blu-tooth and USB so I am happy enough here!

Seriously a great truck - the best value in Australia. If you are in the market now is the time to get a great deal on the outgoing model!