News & ReviewsLast 7 days
CarAdvice
2012 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG review
  • Safety; Power, power, power; Stable and durable; Comfort; Engine sounds like a roaring tiger
  • Brake Assist System (BAS) not working that well; Not so fuel-efficient for city driving

by Joneska

I have owned this car for almost four years now, and I must say this is one of the best cars I’ve owned in my lifetime.

This car can do sharp turns without losing control and it is very stable. It has great torque compared to the previous models. With its 6.2-litre engine, you can overtake any cars on the road with ease, so be careful of the speed cameras. This car came with the Performance Package when I bought it, so you can hit the brakes at the last minute and fully stop before hitting the car in front.

With the 6.2-litre V8 engine, the roar when you start it up makes you feel like you have the power and authority.

Servicing is usually standard with Mercedes, once a year, either A or B. They generally cost around $1700 per year, but the MB Service Consultant may tell you to change this and that for additional extras, which you may not need. So, be sure you ask why you need the additional repairs.

One of the annoying things about this car is the Brake Assist System (BAS). I don’t see why you need it, when this car suddenly brakes when there is no car in front of it, or sometimes it speeds up when there is a car in front of it. So, I don’t think it has much value, or maybe this 2012 technology is not as good as it is now.

In summary, I love this car and I would most probably keep it, as AMG doesn’t make the 6.2-litre engine any more. Hopefully, this car will end up in a hall of fame for Mercedes. Kudos to the Mercedes-AMG team for making this car. It is certainly legendary and a pleasure to own and drive.

MERCEDES-BENZ C63 BREAKDOWN