ford-ranger-091

2011 Ford Ranger Wildtrak (4x4) Review

I bought the car 9 months ago, it now has 180,000 km on the clock - so far there have been no problems. It has some extras fitted to it,which include; extra Safari diesel tank, Ironman belly plates, Rhino wheels, EFS suspension, aluminium camping canopy and so on.

I must say the engine is great! nice and powerful, I hardly have to use 1st low range as it is too strong. The gearbox has slight difficultly changing back from 5th to 4th, but I put that down to the high mileage.

When I bought the vehicle, I was looking for a 4x4 at a good price and nice features, this Wildtrak was the best in its class for price versus package. I enjoy watching the tilt and trim while doing obstacles, seeing how far I can push it.

It has a compass as well, but after disconnecting the battery recently, I cannot get it working again, for some reason it is stuck on NNW. Rear passenger comfort is nice, however adults do moan on a long distance trip about leg space, but I see the new models are not much better (I don't sit at the back so I don't care, up front there is plenty of space) I like the head room, I don't bump my head on the handles like other 4x4s, and the personal lights at the back are a winner, especially at night with two kids. All round visibility is ok, canopy does effect rear vision though.

I am very happy with this 4x4 and will be getting the new shape in South Africa in the near future. Well done FORD!