805338_7044_volkswagen_bora

2004 Volkswagen Bora 2.3l V5 review

A few years ago, we had owned a 2004 Volkswagen Bora V5. It has been 3 years since we let this car go, and I still miss it. It was by far one of the best vehicles I have owned. With plenty of standard equipment, there wasn’t much to fault with the car. This car definitely looked good, especially with the rims that were fitted to mine, which were the same year Audi S4 rims. It made the car look more sporty and made me feel more special driving it, as it was different from every other VW Bora I’d seen on the road.

It was an absolute pleasure to drive, with great handling. Even though it was on larger wheels, the ride wasn’t too firm. Motivation came from a 2.3-litre V5 making a respectable 125kW of power and 200Nm matched to a terrific 5-speed auto that never missed a beat. We bought the car used with around 130,000km on the odometer and then sold it with 240,000km on the clock. Fuel economy was a claimed 8.9 litres per 100 kilometres.

Our car was also fitted with the following VW options:

SunroofLeather seats

Cruise control
Brake assist
ABS
Amazing 8 speaker sound system
Power windows (front and rear)
Auto wipers
Electric anti glare rear mirror
Lumbar support for both front seats
Power steering
Heated side mirrors
Tilt and reach adjustable steering columns
Front fog lamps.

This car was an absolute dream to own, and it had no mechanical faults whatsoever.

The only negative is the repair costs. I scraped my bumper on a gutter which broke a clip, and the clip cost an absolute fortune to get fixed.

With plenty of standard equipment, it makes a perfect first car for anyone considering one. After this vehicle, I have since bought another Volkswagen group product, a 2018 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline and it still retains the same feeling on me as the Bora. I would completely recommend Volkswagen to anyone who is considering buying any of their products, from Skoda, Porsche, Audi, Bentley, Lamborghini and VW itself.

The photo is the exact vehicle I owned. Unfortunately, I lost my phone that had all the pictures, so that is the only one I could find.

MORE: Everything Volkswagen