Previously the C4 relied on a 1.6-litre diesel to motivate it, but the new C4 uses the same drivetrain as seen in the C4 Picasso, meaning a 100kW/320Nm 2.0-litre turbo diesel, mated to an Aisin six-speed auto. The torque can be further lifted by 20Nm through a unique overboost function on full acceleration.
The C4 HDi 2.0 automatic. runs from 0-100km/h in 10.4 seconds - respectable enough - but still gives you a fuel consumption average of just 5.1-litres/100km.
On top of the standard features of the C4 HDi, the 2.0-litre receives:
· Alloy wheels
· Body coloured door handles and mirrors
· Rear lip wing
· Leather Steering Wheel
· 5 stack CD changer in the front armrest
· Automatic light sensing interior rearview mirror
· Velour upholstery
· Dual Zone Climate Control Air Conditioning
· Rear seat centre armrest with hidden locker
· Automatic headlights
· Door sill and footwell lights
· Chrome interior trim features
Leather is an option, as well as parking sensors, electric seats, and seat heaters.
“The arrival of this new variant of the Citroën C4 range is a clear illustration of how the diesel car market in Australia is maturing,” says Miles Williams, General Manager for Citroën in Australia.
The new Citroën C4 HDi 2.0 six speed automatic has a recommended retail price of $35,990, plus on road costs.