The first of the 2008 Australian Motor Shows gets underway next week in Brisbane. Over 400 vehicles are expected at the show with over 10 cars making their first appearance in Australia.
The show runs from the 1-10th of Feburary at the Convention and Exhibition Centre in Brisbane’s south. Show stoppers will include the all-new MY08 Subaru Impreza WRX STi as well as Toyota Racing & Development’s supercharged HiLux.
The fastest car on display will be a custom made 330 kmh Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano coupe ($600,000), but it’s not the most expensive, that honour goes to a locally-made hero car from the 70s.
A 1971 Ford Falcon XY GT-HO Phase III will go under the hammer in the inaugural Shannons Brisbane International Motor Show classic auction, and is expected to fetch around $780,000. The Falcon will be join more than 20 other classics on display.
The list of highlight exhibits includes –
- Audi – all-new A4 sedan preview
- Bentley – Continental GT Speed coupe, Queensland debut
- BMW – 1 Series Coupe, X5 3.0 twin-turbo diesel, Australian debuts
- Citroen – C4 HDi and C3 HDi diesel hatchbacks
- Fiat – all-new Ritmo hatchback Australian debut
- Ferrari – personalised versions of 612 Scaglietti, 599 GTB and F430
- Holden – VE Commodore Sportswagon concept
- Kia – Rondo MPV preview
- Lexus – 2008 GS Series, GS460 V8 and LX570 Australian debuts, LS600hL self-parking demonstrations
- Mazda – Mazda6 preview, RX-8 limited edition debut
- Mitsubishi – Lancer Evolution preview
- Maserati – first Australian-specification GranTurismo coupe
- Nissan – Dualis SUV, Queensland debut
- Peugeot – 308 hatchback preview
- Skoda – new brand from the Czech Republic, Queensland debut
- Subaru – Impreza WRX STI Australian debut
- Suzuki – GrandVitara diesel Australian show debut
- Toyota – supercharged TRD HiLux ute Australian debut
If you live in Brisbane, be sure to check out the 2008 Brisbane International Motor Show as it promises to be one of the best yet.
- Adult $17.50
- Child $10.00 (5 – 16 years)
- Children under 5 FREE
- Family $44.00 (Maximum 2 adults and up to 3 children 5 – 16 years)
- Concession $13.00 (Government-issued aged pension, senior and disability card or full-time student card must be produced on request at entry. )