- 2021 Jeep Gladiator pricing and specification
- Night Eagle variant joins range with black accents
- Rubicon gains new equipment
- All models score increased payload ratings
The 2021 Jeep Gladiator range has been seen the introduction of a new Night Eagle variant, along with increased payload capacities across multiple models.
The Gladiator range now opens with a new Night Eagle variant (below) priced from $68,450 before on-road costs, which adds a number of blacked-out styling features over the outgoing, entry-level Sport S grade of Jeep's dual-cab off-road ute it replaces.
Powered by the same 209kW/347Nm 3.6-litre naturally-aspirated petrol V6 and eight-speed automatic transmission as before, the Night Eagle picks up features including a larger 8.4-inch touchscreen with satellite navigation, 17-inch black wheels, a 4.10 non-locking rear axle ratio, remote start, black exterior accents, and more.
Jeep's Selec-Trac four-wheel-drive system is set to be carried over from the Sport S, paired with heavy-duty Dana axles, heavy-duty rock sliders, three skid plates, and a 47.8:1 crawl ratio.
It sits below an upgraded Rubicon variant, which gains heated, leather-upholstered seats and a heated steering wheel inside the cabin.
The entire line-up has undergone an increase in payload capacity, with Night Eagle and Rubicon variants rated at 693kg – which sees the Gladiator reclassified from an off-road passenger vehicle, to a light goods-carrying vehicle.
Interestingly, there's no mention of the Overland in Jeep's materials, suggesting it has seen the axe along with the Sport S as part of the new range.
Night Eagle buyers can option the $2950 Lifestyle Adventure Group package, which adds four auxiliary switches, a 700-amp maintenance battery, cargo group with Trail Rail system, lockable rear underseat storage, spray-in tray liner, roll-up tonneau cover, and a Bluetooth speaker.
Rubicon customers can also opt for the aforementioned pack – which also includes a 240-amp alternator, which is standard on the Night Eagle – along with the $2950 Rubicon Premium Package (which adds body-coloured fender flares and Freedom Hard-Top), and the $2000 Trail-Ready package (which adds a steel front bumper and 17-inch black wheels).
Available colours include Black, Bright White, Firecracker Red, Sting Grey, Sarge Green, Granite Crystal (grey), Hydro Blue, Snazzberry (dark red/purple), and a new limited-edition Gecko colour, available from September to November production.
The 2021 Jeep Gladiator range reaches showrooms this month. Full pricing and specification lists can be found at the bottom of this story.
To celebrate the brand's 80th anniversary, Jeep is offering a new 'Jeep Wave' peace-of-mind program to owners, which includes a capped-price servicing program, lifetime roadside assistance (when the vehicle is serviced through Jeep) and a five-year/100,000km warranty.
2021 Jeep Gladiator Australian pricing
- Night Eagle – $68,450 (new)
- Rubicon – $76,950 (up $500)
Note: All prices exclude on-road costs.
2021 Jeep Gladiator Night Eagle standard features:
- LED headlights, daytime-running lights, fog lights and tail-lights
- 8.4-inch infotainment touchscreen (new versus Sport S)
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Satellite navigation (new)
- Premium cloth seats
- Black interior accents (new)
- 7.0-inch driver information display
- Push-button start
- Proximity keyless entry
- Nine-speaker Alpine sound system
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Reversing camera
- 17-inch black aluminum alloy wheels (new)
- Gloss black grille (new)
- Body-coloured fender flares (new)
- Black exterior accents (new)
- Deep tint sunscreen windows (new)
- Black three-piece Freedom hard-top
- Security alarm (new)
- Remote start system (new)
- Autonomous emergency braking (with forward collision warning)
- Adaptive cruise control
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- 4.10 rear axle ratio
- 240-amp alternator
- Heavy-duty rock rails
- Three skid plates
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon additions include (over Night Eagle):
- Leather upholstery
- Heated front seats and steering wheel (leather-wrapped)
- 17-inch Granite Crystal alloy wheels
- Rock-Trac four-wheel drive system (4:1 transfer case)
- 77.2:1 crawl ratio
- Locking front and rear differentials
- Electronic front sway bar disconnect
- 2.0-inch Fox aluminium-bodied shock absorbers
- Off-Road Plus mode
- 32-inch BFGoodrich off-road tyres (255/75R17)
- Steel rear bumper
- Rubicon bonnet decal
- All-weather floor mats