- 2021 SsangYong Musso pricing and specification
- Two variants, two tray lengths for updated dual-cab ute
- New front-end design across the range, plus a new Luxury Pack for the Ultimate
- Prices start from $34,990 drive-away, an increase of $1000 across the range.
Australian pricing and specifications for the 2021 SsangYong Musso have been confirmed, ahead of its local arrival in July.
SsangYong's entrant in the popular dual-cab ute segment has had a mid-life facelift, with the updated Musso gaining more muscular exterior styling comprising a new-look front end, new alloy wheel designs, and the addition of LED combination tail-lights – accompanied by price rises of $1000 across the range.
Two trim variants (ELX and Ultimate) are on offer across regular and XLV load bed lengths, with the range-topping Ultimate gaining a premium Luxury Pack option for an additional $3000 (more details at the bottom of this story).
Standard-length models offer 1011 litres of load capacity in the rear of their dual-cab bodies, with XLV models adding 300mm of load length for a 1262-litre volume.
All models are powered by a carry-over 2.2-litre turbo-diesel four-cylinder engine, developing 133kW and 400Nm on all variants – except the Musso XLV ELX and Ultimate with automatic gearboxes, where the torque output increases to 420Nm.
Power is sent to all four wheels through a choice of six-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmissions, with selectable four-wheel drive, low-range, and an auto-locking rear differential.
Braked towing capacity across the range is rated at 3500kg, while payload figures range from 790kg in all regular Musso models, to 880kg in the Musso XLV Ultimate, and 1025kg in both manual and automatic Musso XLV ELX variants.
A full list of the standard equipment offered with each variant can be found at the bottom of this story.
Six colours are available: Grand White, Silky White Pearl, Marble Grey, Space Black, Atlantic Blue and Indian Red. Metallic hues command a $495 premium.
The 2021 SsangYong Musso range is due to go on sale in Australia in July.
2021 SsangYong Musso Australian pricing
- Musso ELX manual – $34,990
- Musso XLV ELX manual – $36,490
- Musso ELX auto – $36,990
- Musso XLV ELX auto – $38,490
- Musso Ultimate auto – $41,290
- Musso XLV Ultimate auto – $42,790
Note: All prices above are drive-away, including on-road costs but excluding metallic paint.
2021 SsangYong Musso ELX standard features:
- 2.2-litre turbo-diesel engine with six-speed manual or automatic transmission
- 18-inch silver alloy wheels (standard length only, 17-inch wheels on XLV)
- Coil spring (standard length) or leaf spring rear suspension (XLV)
- 8.0-inch infotainment touchscreen
- 7.0-inch digital instrument display
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Reversing camera
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Front fog lights
- Halogen headlights with LED daytime-running lights
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Woven fabric upholstery
- Autonomous emergency braking
- Forward collision warning
- Lane-departure warning
- Manual cruise control
2021 SsangYong Musso Ultimate adds (over XLV):
- Six-speed automatic transmission as standard
- 18-inch black alloy wheels
- Multi-link coil spring rear suspension (across the range)
- HID headlights
- TPU leatherette upholstery
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Heated steering wheel
- 360-degree camera
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- Lane-change collision warning
- Tyre pressure monitoring
- Speed-sensitive steering
- Walk-away auto door locking
2021 SsangYong Musso Ultimate with Luxury Pack adds (over base Ultimate):
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Nappa leather upholstery
- Power-adjustable front seats with power driver lumbar support
- Power-operated sunroof
- Heated rear seats