- 2021 Lexus LC pricing and specification
- Inspiration Series coupe variants added with black accents
- Fewer than five examples to be offered, from $219,393 to $219,553 before on-road costs
- Remainder of the LC range unchanged for 2021, following updates in 2020
The 2021 Lexus LC has gained a new, more exclusive Inspiration Series coupe grade – but you'll have to be one of a lucky limited few to get behind the wheel of one.
Limited to "fewer than five units" Down Under, the LC Inspiration Series is now available to order through Australian Lexus showrooms, priced from $219,393 before on-road costs in V8-powered LC500 form, or $219,553 before on-roads in fuel-sipping LC500h guise – with both variants offered exclusively as fixed-roof coupes.
"Inspired by the world of aviation and aeronautical engineering", the limited-run LC gains a fixed carbon-fibre rear wing, gloss black 21-inch forged alloy wheels, and unique black exterior trim, with White Nova, Sonic Silver and Onyx exterior colours available to buyers.
Alcantara adorns the steering wheel, gear selector, door cards and centre console, alongside black leather-accented seats, saddle tan seat, door armrest and seatbelt accents, and Inspiration Series-exclusive carbon sill plates.
Also new is the deep-hung front seat design debuted in the updated LS limousine earlier this year, claimed to "provide ... clearance for the front occupants' [bodies] to sink into the front [seats]" and improve 'hip position holding performance' by 18 per cent.
The pair of Inspiration Series variants arrive as the flagship members of the 2021 Lexus LC family, which benefits from a round of engineering updates introduced in mid-2020, including reworked suspension geometry, revised transmission tuning, lighter rear alloy wheels, and more.
Pricing and specifications for the wider LC coupe and Convertible range are otherwise unchanged – full breakdowns of each can be found at the bottom of this story.
Inspiration Series buyers are offered the same choice of engine and transmission options as series-production LC purchasers: a 351kW/540Nm 5.0-litre petrol V8 paired to a 10-speed automatic in the LC500, or a 3.5-litre petrol V6 bolted to a 650-volt hybrid system and a "10-speed" transmission in the LC500h.
Both engines are naturally aspirated, and send drive to the rear wheels only.
The 2021 Lexus LC Inspiration Series is available to order now.
2021 Lexus LC Australian pricing
- LC500 coupe – $194,757
- LC500h coupe – $195,165
- LC500 Convertible – $214,000
- LC500 Inspiration Series coupe – $219,393
- LC500h Inspiration Series coupe – $219,553
Note: All prices above exclude on-road costs.
Above and below: The 'regular' 2021 Lexus LC500 coupe.
2021 Lexus LC500 and LC500h standard features
- LED headlights with dusk-sensing functionality and automatic high-beam
- Keyless entry with smart key card
- Retractable door handles with illumination
- 21-inch forged two-tone alloy wheels
- Torsen limited-slip differential (LC500 only)
- 8.0-inch digital instrument display with sliding meter ring
- Head-up display (HUD)
- 10.3-inch multimedia screen with touchpad controller and voice control
- Reversing camera with parking sensors
- Apple CarPlay Android Auto
- DAB+ digital radio, USB and AUX inputs
- Satellite navigation with SUNA live traffic alerts
- 13-speaker, 918-watt Mark Levinson sound system
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Auto-dimming interior mirror
- Dual-zone climate control
- Semi-aniline leather-accented front seats
- 12-way power-operated front seats with heating, ventilation and driver memory
- Power-adjustable steering column
- Touch-sensitive interior lights
- Sports pedals
- Stainless-steel scuff plates
- Active noise control
- Drive mode selector
- Heated steering wheel
- 'Easy access' front-seat slide function
- Glass roof with sun blind (coupe)
- Autonomous emergency braking with forward collision warning
- Lane-keep assist with steering assist
- All-speed adaptive cruise control
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Lane-keep assist
- Eight airbags (coupe) or six airbags (convertible)
Enhancement Pack ($15,000) additions (over standard models)
- Rear-wheel steering
- Variable gear ratio steering
- Active rear wing
- Alcantara and leather-accented front seats
- 10-way power-adjustable front sports seats
- Carbon-fibre roof and sill plates
- Torsen limited-slip rear differential (for LC500h only, as it's standard equipment in the 'base' LC500)
2021 Lexus LC Inspiration Series adds (over lower grades)
- Fixed rear wing
- 21-inch forged alloy wheels in gloss black
- Black front bumper trim, grille, headlight surrounds, side rocker mouldings and rear combination lamp brackets
- 'Lexus LC Special Edition' carbon-fibre sill plates
- Black leather and Alcantara seats with saddle tan accents
- Alcantara steering wheel, shifter, door cards and centre console