The 2021 MG ZST SUV range has been expanded, with new Core and Vibe variants introduced at the bottom end of the range.
Now available for order – ahead of first deliveries in June – the Core is priced from $25,490 drive-away, while the Vibe starts at $26,990 drive-away. The new grades replace Excite Plus and Essence versions of the ZS small SUV, leaving only the ZS Excite in the more affordable model's range.
Power in both models comes via the lesser ZS's naturally-aspirated 84kW/150Nm 1.5-litre four-cylinder petrol engine – a step down from higher ZST grades' 115kW/230Nm 1.3-litre turbo four-cylinder.
This sends drive to the front wheels via a six-step continuously-variable automatic transmission – rather than the ZS's four-speed torque-converter automatic – allowing the 0-100km/h benchmark sprint to be completed in a claimed 12.8 seconds.
LED headlights, a 360-degree camera system, 17-inch alloys, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, 10.1-inch colour touchscreen (compatible with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto), keyless entry, and push-button start all come standard across the range.
The Vibe additionally picks up a six-speaker sound system, rain-sensing wipers, fog lights, satellite navigation, and leatherette upholstery.
In the safety department, the entire ZST line-up features the MG Pilot driver suite – this includes adaptive cruise control with traffic-jam assist, speed assist, autonomous emergency braking, forward collision warning, rear cross-traffic alert, blind-spot monitoring, and lane-change assist.
White remains the only no cost paint, while Brighton Blue, Diamond Red, and Sloane Silver metallic hues can be optioned for $500.
The 2021 MG ZST Core and Vibe are now available for order, with the first examples slated for arrival in local showroom during June. Pricing and availability of the higher-spec Excite and Essence variants is unchanged for now.
Click any of the images in this story to view the full gallery.
2021 MG ZST Australian pricing
- 2021 MG ZST Core – $25,490
- 2021 MG ZST Vibe – $26,990
- 2021 MG ZST Excite – $29,990
- 2021 MG ZST Essence – $32,990
Note: All prices above represent the advertised drive-away figure.
2021 MG ZST Core standard features
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- 10.1-inch colour touchscreen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Fabric seats
- Leather steering wheel with contrast stitching
- 1.5-litre naturally aspirated four-cylinder engine
- 360-degree camera
- Keyless entry
- Push-button start
- LED headlights and tail-lights
- MG Pilot driver assistance suite
- Six-way adjustable driver's seat
- Four-way adjustable passenger seat
- Four-speaker sound system
- Synthetic leather interior trim sections with contrast stitching
- High-gloss fog light surround, door mirrors with integrated turn signal, side sill extensions and rear diffuser
- MG ‘Exclusive’ high-gloss grille
- Front centre armrest
2021 MG ZST Vibe adds (over Core)
- 17-inch two-tone machined alloy wheels
- Six-speaker sound system
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Front fog lights
- Satellite navigation
- Leatherette seating
- Leatherette front centre armrest
- Black high-gloss bumper and side sill inserts
2021 MG ZST Excite adds (over Vibe)
- 1.3-litre turbocharged four-cylinder engine
- Red brake calipers
- Black grille surround, mirror caps and side trim
2021 MG ZST Essence adds (over Excite)
- Panoramic ‘Stargazer’ sunroof
- Digital instrument cluster
- Red embossed MG logo on front seat headrests
- Heated front seats
- Six-way power-adjustable driver’s seat
- Unique 17-inch two-tone machined alloy wheels
Below: MG ZST Core boot.