Buoyed by generous tax incentives, the most popular electric cars in Norway in February were the Audi E-Tron, Nissan Leaf, and Hyundai Kona Electric.
- shares

Electrified vehicles now account for 87.3 per cent of all new-car sales in Norway, according to figures released by the country’s Information Council for Road Traffic (OVF).

Of the cars reported as sold during February 2021, 47.5 per cent were pure-electric vehicles (EVs), 31.6 per cent were plug-in hybrids, and 8.2 per cent were conventional hybrids.

Meanwhile, just 6.8 per cent were diesel and 5.9 per cent were petrol. This combined figure of 12.7 per cent is down from 21.5 per cent in February last year.

The most popular pure-electric vehicles were the Audi E-Tron (with 676 examples reported as sold), Nissan Leaf (with 497 examples reported as sold), Hyundai Kona Electric (with 496 examples reported as sold), and the Peugeot e-2008 (with 434 examples reported as sold).

For reference, just 6.5 per cent of new cars sold over the same period in Australia were electrified, and just 0.3 per cent were pure-electric vehicles. However, local electric car sales have more than doubled in the first two months of this year.