- 2022 Range Rover Sport price and specs detailed
- New P400 six-cylinder mild-hybrid petrol engine offered from $128,206
- Flagship P525 and SVR V8 offerings retained
- First MY2022 exampled expected in Australia by July this year
While Land Rover prepares to go fully electric and ditch diesel by the end of the decade – as announced overnight – in the meantime the 2022 Range Rover Sport line-up will see the introduction of a six-cylinder mild-hybrid petrol engine as the range-opener in Australia by the middle of this year.
Known as the P400, the new 3.0-litre inline powerplant features a twin-scroll turbocharger alongside a new electrically-driven supercharger.
A 48-volt mild-hybrid system also allows for energy recovery under braking, and this can be redeployed when accelerating for improved performance and efficiency.
Total output comes to 294kW/550Nm, sent to all four wheels through an eight-speed automatic transmission. This allows for a 0-100km/h sprint time of 5.9 seconds.
Land Rover claims a combined fuel economy figure of 8.7 litres per 100km, and CO2 emissions "from" 236g/km.
The powertrain will be offered in the SE and HSE specifications, priced from $128,206 and $144,906 respectively, both figures before on-road costs.
Meanwhile, the 2.0-litre four-cylinder P300 engine – which was previously the entry-level engine offering – has been retired from the range.
The petrol engine line-up now comprises the P400 3.0-litre six-cylinder mild-hybrid, P400e 2.0-litre four-cylinder plug-in hybrid, and the flagship P525 and P575 5.0-litre V8s, developing 386kW/625Nm and 423kW/700Nm, the latter exclusive to the flagship SVR.
Three 3.0-litre six-cylinder diesel offerings are also available, these being the 183kW/600Nm D250, 221kW/650Nm D300, and 258kW/700Nm D350.
The first Australian deliveries of the Model Year 2022 Range Rover Sport are slated for July.
2022 Range Rover Sport Australian pricing
- Range Rover Sport P400 SE – $128,206
- Range Rover Sport P400 HSE – $144,906
- Range Rover Sport P400e SE – $134,166
- Range Rover Sport P400e HSE – $149,696
- Range Rover Sport P525 HSE Dynamic – $175,613
- Range Rover Sport P525 Autobiography Dynamic – $205,283
- Range Rover Sport SVR – $244,249
- Range Rover Sport D250 SE – $113,485
- Range Rover Sport D300 SE – $122,985
- Range Rover Sport D300 HSE – $139,685
- Range Rover Sport D300 HSE Dynamic – $146,585
- Range Rover Sport D300 Autobiography Dynamic – $179,755
- Range Rover Sport D350 HSE – $152,813
- Range Rover Sport D350 HSE Dynamic – $160,113
Note: All prices exclude on-road costs.