Kia has raised prices on four of its most affordable models.
The Korean car maker has increased the prices on the Picanto, Rio, Cerato, and Seltos – with the exception of the Cerato, it's the second time the models have been hit with a price rise in the past four months.
The Picanto may be the smallest car in the Kia range, but it's received the biggest price increase, with an extra $500 added to the price tag.
Only months after its mid-life update and price rise, the Rio has also gone up by $500.
Buyers wanting a Seltos will need to pay an additional $300, while the Cerato has seen the smallest rise, going up by $200.
Since August 2020, the base Picanto S has gone up by $800 in total, from $14,390 to $15,190 before on-road costs, representing an increase of 5.6 per cent.
Over the same period, the Rio S has gone from $17,490 to $18,590 before on-road costs – an extra $1100, or 6.3 per cent more than the July price.
The Seltos S has risen in price by $500 since the middle of 2020.
A spokesperson for Kia Australia told CarAdvice: "the price rises across the range have occurred to meet exchange rate pressures and business costs/profitability".
The changes come at the same time as the Kia Stinger has also gone up in price, accompanying a facelift and update for the model.
2021 Kia Picanto Australian pricing
- Picanto S manual – $15,190 (up $500)
- Picanto GT-Line manual – $16,640 (up $500)
- Picanto GT Turbo manual – $19,490 (up $500)
2021 Kia Rio Australian pricing
- Rio S manual – $18,590 (up $500)
- Rio Sport manual – $20,090 (up $500)
- Rio GT-Line auto – $24,490 (up $500)
2021 Kia Cerato Australian pricing
- Cerato S manual – $21,690 (up $200)
- Cerato SI auto – $24,990 (up $200)
- Cerato Sport manual – $23,690 (up $200)
- Cerato Sport+ auto – $29,540 (up $200)
- Cerato GT Turbo auto – $33,690 (up $200)
2021 Kia Seltos Australian pricing
- Seltos S FWD auto – $26,290 (up $300)
- Seltos Sport FWD auto – $29,290 (up $300)
- Seltos Sport+ FWD auto – $32,790 (up $300)
- Seltos Sport+ AWD auto – $36,290 (up $300)
- Seltos GT-Line AWD auto – $41,700 (up $300)
Note: All prices exclude on-road costs.