In the automotive world, there are final editions, and then there are final editions – and this one is unlikely to be of the John Farnham variety.
Based on the four-cylinder petrol 2.5i Premium model, the 2020 Subaru Liberty Final Edition adds what the Australian distributor lists as $6400 in extra equipment – with only $1990 added to its price.
In Final Edition form, priced at $39,930 before on-road costs, the Liberty picks up the following items:
- 18-inch STI alloy wheels (wheel colour dependent on exterior paint colour)
- STI front lip spoiler
- Rear boot lip spoiler
- Front grille – mesh pattern
- Numbered interior badge – Final Edition
- Harman Kardon speakers, subwoofer and amplifier
- Seat and interior trim - 'Ultrasuede' inserts
- Blue stitching - seats, armrests, dash
- Black stitching - steering wheel
- Black interior highlights (air vents, dash, door trim, steering wheel)
- Black exterior highlights (fog light surround, side skirt garnish, door mirror covers and rear exterior badges)
You'd better like understated colours, though, with only three available – and in specific configurations.
Magnetite Grey over black wheels is available for 15 cars and Crystal Black with silver wheels is available for 10 cars, while Crystal White on gunmetal wheels will be the rarest with just six examples available.
These aren't the only Libertys still available in Australia, however, with online dealer pages showing around 100 new and demonstrator examples still floating around – including a number of six-cylinder cars.
This could well be the last time you read about the Liberty on CarAdvice, although we'll likely continue to cover the bigger overseas stories – such as the unveiling of facelifts and new-generation models that won't come to Australia – as part of our general interest coverage.
Of course, with the closely related Outback confirmed as an ongoing model for Australia, overseas Liberty/Legacy news will still have some relevance to buyers watching for what's to come down the road.
For our existing Liberty coverage, including a look back at past generations of the iconic Subaru, see our links below.