Less than six months after prices increased by up to $5000 across the range, BMW has upped prices again.
Buyers will need to dig deeper to purchase a 1 Series, 2 Series Gran Coupe, 3 Series, 5 Series, X3, X4, or X6. Smaller BMW models models see increases of $1000, while SUVs and 5 Series models have gone up by $2000.
A statement issued today by BMW Australia said: “BMW constantly reviews its pricing structure, factoring in the exchange rate, inflation and changes to material costs. However, with pricing adjustments, our products always remains appropriately positioned and represent a competitive pricing proposition in the market.”
It's a similar story to the factors involved in earlier BMW price rises. In June 2020 CarAdvice was told the increases were due to "normal economic changes".
Note: All prices in this story are quoted before on-road costs.
2021 BMW 1 Series November pricing
In June, the 118i saw a price rise of $3000, while the M135i xDrive jumped by $4000. Another $1000 increase has been added on, meaning the stripped-back M135i xDrive Pure now matches the price of the M135i xDrive from earlier this year.
- 118i – $46,990 (up $1000)
- M135i xDrive Pure – $63,990 (up $1000)
- M135i xDrive – $69,990 (up $1000)
2021 BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe November pricing
Unlike the previous time, two-door 2 Series models missed out on the price hike on this occasion, with four-door 2 Series Gran Coupe models getting a $1000 increase across the line-up.
The increase is on top of a $2000 bump for the 218i Gran Coupe in June, while the M235i xDrive went up by $3000 at that time.
- 218i Gran Coupe – $50,990 (up $1000)
- 220i Gran Coupe – $54,990 (up $1000)
- M235i xDrive Pure – $68,990 (up $1000)
- M235i xDrive – $73,990 (up $1000)
2021 BMW 3 Series November pricing
BMW has also implemented a $1000 increase across the 3 Series range, less than six months after models went up by $3000 – with the exception of the M340i xDrive, which increased by $4000 at the time.
Compared with the vehicle's price tag in May, the M340i xDrive has increased by 4.77 per cent.
- 320i – $69,990 (up $1000)
- 330i – $75,900 (up $1000)
- 330i Touring – $79,900 (up $1000)
- 330e – $82,900 (up $1000)
- M340i xDrive – $109,900 (up $1000)
2021 BMW 5 Series November pricing
While the 5 Series missed out on the tranche of increases in June – simply by virtue of pricing not having been released at that point – in July pricing for the updated 5 Series range was announced with increases of up to $6000.
A further $2000 has been added across the board, with only the 530d being excluded.
- 520i – $97,900 (up $2000)
- 530i – $117,900 (up $2000)
- 530e – $120,900 (up $2000)
- 530d – $125,900 (no change)
- M550i Pure – $139,900 (up $2000)
- M550i – $154,900 (up $2000)
- M5 Competition – $246,900 (up $2000)
2021 BMW X3 November pricing
All BMW X3 models saw prices increase of $3000 back in June, with two exceptions: the X3 M Competition, which saw no change, and the X3 M40i, which went up by $4000.
The November increases extend those by a further $2000, again with only the X3 M Competition maintaining its previous price tag.
- X3 sDrive20i – $70,900 (up $2000)
- X3 xDrive20d – $73,900 (up $2000)
- X3 xDrive30i – $83,900 (up $2000)
- X3 xDrive30d – $90,900 (up $2000)
- X3 M40i – $111,900 (up $2000)
- X3 M Competition – $157,900 (no change)
MORE: BMW X3 news and reviews
2021 BMW X4 November pricing
The BMW X4 range was a carbon copy of the X3, with a $3000 price rise for the line-up back in June, except for the X3 M40i which rose by $4000. No change was recorded for the X4 M Competition.
Prices have also gone up by $2000 for three of the four X4 variants this month.
- X4 xDrive20i – $82,900 (up $2000)
- X4 xDrive30i – $91,900 (up $2000)
- X4 M40i – $119,900 (up $2000)
- X4 M Competition – $164,900 (no change)
MORE: BMW X4 news and reviews
2021 BMW X6 November pricing
While the X6 M50i saw an increase of $4000 back in June, the X6 xDrive30d and X6 xDrive40i went up by $2000. The X6 M Competition missed out on the increase.
This time, every X6 model has risen by $2000.
- X6 xDrive30d – $125,900 (up $2000)
- X6 xDrive40i – $128,900 (up $2000)
- X6 M50i – $161,900 (up $2000)
- X6 M Competition – $215,900 (up $2000)