The 2021 Isuzu D-Max ute has only just gone on sale in Australia, but there are already some clear signs of the extra technology coming to next model update.
The new-generation Isuzu MU-X four-wheel-drive wagon – which was unveiled in Thailand today ahead of its Australian showroom arrival this time next year – had a host of extra features likely to make it onto future editions of the Isuzu D-Max ute.
Isuzu is yet to confirm any of the following, however it is normal industry practice to discreetly add extra features each year to keep models fresh.
Creature comforts such as an auto-dimming rear view mirror (standard on the Mazda BT-50 but not yet available on the D-Max twin), paddle shifters behind the steering wheel, ventilated front seats, and a household power socket in the centre console, are likely to be available on the Isuzu ute during an update in the next year or two.
Isuzu Ute Australia declined to comment on speculation about what updates may be coming for the just-released D-Max, however the dealers claim the waiting list stretches into early next year on certain model grades.
As regular readers will know, the Isuzu D-Max was the joint winner of CarAdvice’s recent ute mega test.
However, as we noted, no-one yet makes the perfect ute.
Here is our wish list – or “to do” list – for future variants of the Isuzu D-Max:
- A “favourites” button for advanced safety settings after ignition start-up;
- Better calibration of some of the advanced safety systems for more intuitive intervention;
- Volume and tuning dials for the infotainment;
- More tie down points in the tray of the Isuzu D-Max X-Terrain;
- A power operated roller shutter cover on the flagship X-Terrain;
- Fit a tow bar as standard equipment on high end models;
- Fit a matching alloy spare wheel to LS series models;
- Add front sensors to lower grade models;
- More USB and charging ports in the cabin;
- Extendable sun visors;
- Available extras from the MU-X – such as ventilated (cooled) front leather seats, paddle shifters, and an auto dimming rear view mirror – would be welcome additions.