Mini Australia is attempting to make electric vehicle ownership more compelling, by launching a new all-inclusive ownership and finance program, dubbed 'Mini dynamic mobility package'.
The deal is offered exclusively with its new Mini Electric Hatch and includes:
- A four year finance offer on a Mini Electric, at a 4.99 per cent comparison interest rate.
- Staggered payments and flexible ownership.
- The option to exchange their Mini Electric for a regular, petrol-powered Mini Countryman, for the duration of a weekend, once a year.
- The inclusion of charging peripherals: a MINI wallbox for home use, and specific charging cables for use in public areas.
- Five years' worth of servicing, and five years' worth of roadside assist.
As for the costings of the program:
- $3000 deposit up front.
- $275 per week for the first 24 months. After this term, the user can either choose to return the car at no further cost, or continue for another 24 months.
- $98 per week for the following 24 months, if the user chooses to continue on.
The program comes as the first Mini Electric models begin to be delivered to customers.
“We have received overwhelmingly positive feedback and constant enquiries about the MINI Electric Hatch,” general manager of MINI Australia, Brett Waudby said in a media statement.
“The MINI Dynamic Mobility Package, developed in conjunction with MINI Financial Services, is the ideal accompaniment and takes all the hassle out of ownership to encourage more MINI urbanites to come forth and embrace the EV lifestyle.”