- 2021 Land Rover Defender gets updated for the new year
- Six-cylinder diesel added to the Defender range
- Iconic Defender 90 now available locally
- Defender 110 now $4874 more than the 2020 model
A range-topping 3.0-litre diesel has been confirmed for the 2021 Land Rover Defender line-up, alongside an array of extra safety features fitted as standard.
The new three-door Defender 90 is finally set to arrive in Australia alongside the already-available Defender 110, after production was delayed by the coronavirus pandemic.
Pricing for the short-wheelbase Land Rover will start from $71,500 plus on road costs, while the Defender 110 starts at $74,500 plus on road costs – up from $69,626.
Five powertrain options are available across the range, each paired with an eight-speed automatic gearbox.
Petrol variants feature traditional permanent all-wheel drive, while diesel powertrains get Land Rover’s new 'intelligent' all-wheel drive system.
The previously D200 and D240 four-cylinder Ingenium diesels have been replaced by six-cylinder variants. The designations are carried over, and the D200 now produces 147kW/500Nm (same power but with 70Nm more than the old engine) while the D240 produces 183kW/570Nm (up 6kw/140Nm over the four-cylinder).
A new top-of-the-line six-cylinder Ingenium diesel D300 has also been introduced to the range with 220kW/650Nm.
When optioned for the Defender 90, the D300 will launch the vehicle from zero to 100km/h in 6.7 seconds.
The entry-level petrol engine is the four-cylinder P300 (producing 221kW), while a six-cylinder mild-hybrid P400 (producing 294kW) is also on offer.
The 2021 models will, for the first time, include emergency braking, driver condition monitoring, lane keep assist, 360-degree camera, traffic sign recognition, and an adaptive speed limiter as standard equipment.
An optional X-Dynamic Pack has also been introduced, offering exterior and interior aesthetic enhancements. The package can be optioned on the S, SE, and HSE vehicles that sit in the line-up between the base-model and the completely kitted-out Defender X variant.
2020 Land Rover Defender 90 Australian pricing
- Defender 90 P300 – $71,500
- Defender 90 S P300 – $80,390
- Defender 90 SE P400 – $95,290
- Defender 90 HSE P400 – $105,190
- Defender 90 First Edition P400 – $106,190
- Defender 90 X P400 – $134,690
- Defender 90 D200 – $78,590
- Defender 90 S D250 – $87,490
- Defender 90 SE D300 – $89,390
- Defender 90 First Edition D250 – $104,990
- Defender 90 X D300 – $132,590
2020 Land Rover Defender 110 Australian pricing
- Defender 110 P300 – $74,500
- Defender 110 S P300 – $83,390
- Defender 110 S P400 – $91,790
- Defender 110 SE P400 – $98,290
- Defender 110 HSE P400 – $108,190
- Defender 110 X P400 – $137,690
- Defender 110 D250 – $82,590
- Defender 110 S D250 – $90,490
- Defender 110 SE D300 – $92,390
- Defender 110 HSE D300 – $101,690
- Defender 110 X D300 – $135,590
Note: all prices exclude on-road costs.