- 2020 Ford Ranger Wildtrak X enhancement pack returns
- Raptor gains standard spray-in bed liner
- FordPass Connect remote functions standard
Ford has detailed some of the newest running changes to up-spec Ranger models, as the last step in the updated Ranger line-up.
Having already announced XL Special Edition, XLT Fully Loaded and regular XL, XLS and XLT variants, Ford now turns its attention to the most expensive models in the Ranger family.
Among the latest changes, XLT, Wildtrak and Wildtrak X will be available for the first time with a pearlescent Alabaster White paint finish as a $650 option, along with other ‘prestige paint’ finishes. No-cost Arctic White will also continue.
The previous special edition Wildtrak X returns, taking the already comprehensive Wildtrak as a starting point, but adding a claimed $6000 of value for only $2000 more.
Wildtrak X additions include unique matte black 18-inch alloy wheels with a +35 offset, pushing them out further than the +55 wheels of the regular Wildtrak. Black fender flares, a black nudge bar with LED light bar, and a snorkel round out the extra kit.
The Wiltrak X joins the Wildtrak in adding bi-LED projector headlights in place of the previous HID lights with halogen high beams. Ford says the new front lighting system provides a 17 per cent greater low beam penetration and a 20 per cent improved high beam throw.
At the rear a new power roller shutter covers the tray, and can be activated from inside the cabin, via the key fob, or from a button in the tub. The new mechanism design liberates an extra 80mm of load space between the tailgate and canister, while freeing up an extra 20mm of height clearance.
The Ranger Raptor gains a new factory-applied spray-in bed liner as standard.
The liner itself is covered by Ford’s five year, unlimited kilometre warranty and is claimed to minimise slipping, scratching and gouging in the load bed while living up to Ford’s internal engineering standards.
Other changes to the Ford Ranger include the range-wide addition of FordPass Connect.
Ford’s connectivity system allows remote access to lock and unlock their car, start the engine remotely (on auto models), pinpoint its location when parked, and check fuel levels and tyre pressures from a smartphone.
No changes have been made to the Ranger’s mechanical packing with the choice of a 147kW/470Nm 3.2-litre five cylinder turbo diesels paired to either a six-speed manual or six-speed automatic, or a 2.0-litre bi-turbo four-cylinder diesel paired with a 10-speed auto.
As before Wildtrak variants are available with all three powertrains and four-wheel drive, the Raptor remains bi-turbo only.
Lower-spec versions are available with two- or four-wheel drive and fleet-oriented specifications also come with an available 2.2-litre four-cylinder turbo diesel rated at 118kW and 385Nm.
2020 Ford Ranger pricing
- XL Single cab C/C 2.2L Low Rider MT – $29,190
- XL Single cab C/C 2.2L Hi-Rider AT – $34,890
- XL Super cab C/C 2.2L Hi-Rider AT – $37,390
- XL Double cab C/C 2.2L Hi-Rider AT – $39,390
- XL Double cab P/up 2.2L Hi-Rider AT – $40,790
- XLT Double cab P/up 3.2L Hi-Rider AT – $51,540
- XLT Double cab P/up 2.0L Bi-Turbo Hi-Rider AT – $53,040
- XL Single cab C/C 3.2L MT – $43,090
- XL Single cab C/C 3.2L AT – $45,290
- XL Super cab C/C 3.2L MT – $45,590
- XL Super cab C/C 3.2L AT – $47,790
- XL Super cab P/up 3.2L AT – $49,190
- XL Double cab C/C 2.2L AT – $47,290
- XL Double cab P/up 2.2L AT – $48,690
- XL Double cab C/C 3.2L MT – $47,590
- XL Double cab C/C 3.2L AT – $49,790
- XL Double cab P/up 3.2L MT – $48,990
- XL Double cab P/up 3.2L AT – $51,190
- XLS Double cab P/up 3.2L MT – $50,290
- XLS Double cab P/up 3.2L AT – $52,490
- Sport Double cab P/up 3.2L MT – $53,540
- Sport Double cab P/up 3.2L AT – $55,740
- XLT Super cab P/up 3.2L AT – $57,440
- XLT Super cab P/up Bi-Turbo AT – $58,940
- XLT Double cab P/up 3.2L MT – $57,240
- XLT Double cab P/up 3.2L AT – $59,440
- XLT Double cab P/up Bi-Turbo AT – $60,940
- Wildtrak Double cab P/up 3.2L MT – $62,090
- Wildtrak Double cab P/up 3.2L AT – $64,290
- Wildtrak Double cab P/up Bi-Turbo AT – $65,790
- Wildtrak X Double cab P/up 3.2L MT – $64,090
- Wildtrak X Double cab P/up 3.2L AT – $66,290
- Wildtrak X Double cab P/up Bi-Turbo AT – $67,790
- Raptor Double cab P/up Bi-Turbo AT – $77,190