The price of entry into a new 2021 Volkswagen T-Roc has fallen this week, with the new T-Roc 110TSI Style model slotting in below the previously announced 140TSI Sport.
Priced from $33,990 before on-road costs, the 110TSI Style will enter with a starting price $6500 cheaper than the 140TSI Sport announced in January.
As its name suggests, the 110TSI offers 110kW of power and 250Nm of torque from its 1.4-litre turbo petrol four-cylinder engine, matched to an eight-speed torque-converter automatic transmission and a front-wheel drive configuration.
Fuel consumption is rated at 6.2L/100km.
By comparison, the 140TSI's 2.0-litre turbo petrol engine turns out 140kW and 320Nm, matching a seven-speed 'DSG' dual-clutch auto with Volkswagen's 4Motion all-wheel drive system.
The 110TSI style also misses out on the 140TSI's multi-link rear suspension, equipped instead with a torsion-beam design.
The Australian debut of the "competitively priced" T-Roc 110TSI also sees the anticipated T-Cross 110TSI crossed off the brand's local shopping list – reducing crossover in purpose, price and range complexity.
Above: the T-Cross
Back to the T-Roc 110TSI Style, its standard features include:
- Front Assist with City Emergency Brake (City EB) and Pedestrian Monitoring
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Lane Assist
- Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Traffic Alert
- Park Assist and Rear View Camera (RVC)
- LED headlights with Light Assist
- Dual zone climate control air conditioning
- Composition Media 8-inch infotainment system with App-Connect
- Keyless Access and power folding door mirrors
- 18-inch Montego Bay alloy wheels
- LED interior ambient lighting
- 445 litres of luggage capacity
- Rain-sensing windscreen wipers
- Automatically dimming rear-view mirror
- Chrome roof rails
- Front-seat lumbar adjustment
- Comfort front seats
- Carpet mats, front and rear
- LED tail lights
- eight-speed automatic transmission
- Front-wheel drive
- Electro-mechanical power steering
- MacPherson strut front suspension
- Torsion beam rear axle
- Electro-mechanical parking brake
Above: 140TSI interior shown
Optional packages will include the $2000 Sound & Vision pack, adding Digital Cockpit (digital instrument display behind the steering wheel), Discover Media navigation system and Beats audio system.
There's also the $3800 Luxury package, adding Vienna leather-appointed upholstery (which means sections of the seats but not an entire covering), heated front seats, panoramic electric glass sunroof and an electrically operated tailgate.